Associate Director, Supply Chain
Distribution & Access | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
The Associate Director of Supply Chain works closely with clinical supply project leads, commercial operations group, API development team, supply sites and other functional groups. There will also be open communication with US and Sweden supply chain. This role will transition the supply from manufacturing to commercial supply and support overall sourcing strategy. This includes integration of complex programs that may require multinational interactions. This position will monitor supply plans and provide feedback to project teams, commercial teams and site logistics. Support and project manage the teams on logistics, inventory and distribution from a commercial perspective. Coordinate the overall commercialization transition activities and support regulatory filings; expand on the needs of commercial operations and logistics by creating strategic plans for development programs transitioning to commercial. Participate in development, review and coordination of commercial packaging; leads coordination of human factors studies with the process development, labeling, regulatory, commercial and quality groups. Works closely with Commercial Operations organization and Cenexi manufacturing sites to monitor commercial preparedness; leads rapid launch planning activities. Serve as a key customer liaison with multiple functional areas and external organizations as required. Team leadership and project management are essential functions of role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead and coordinate the supply chain activities to guide the transition from clinical to commercial
• Support the creation, review and updates of the commercial supply requirement plans based on strategic elements/study forecasts from Commercial and Site Operations
• Lead and coordinate the integration of shipping and distribution guidance for new products
• Review commercial demands and understand impact on supply
• Partner with Sweden supply chain, the commercial organization and site operations to identify demand assumptions, such as launch plans, NDA approval dates, and additional countries, etc.
• Communicate and update commercialization activities and progress at the program level to program leads and ensure seamless coordination between functional groups
• Ensure changes in supply configuration, design, timeline, manufacturing availability and regulatory requirements are considered
• Lead coordination of supply chain requirements for activities such as Human Factors Studies, shipping studies, etc…
• Support implementation and execution of supply strategy to maximize supply efficiency, minimize waste while identifying risk and develop risk mitigation plans
• Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and Budget reviews
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; attending conferences/training seminars, reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Enhance department and organization performance by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Develop strong internal collaboration with stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
• Assist in development of building the commercial distribution plan and return strategy and participates in User Acceptance Testing
• Ensure financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and relevant cost saving targets
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
• Bachelors in life sciences or business major required,
• Minimum 10+ years in life sciences industry related experience, including Project Management, Pharmaceutical Development, Clinical and/or Commercial Supply Management.
• At least 3 years direct experience in clinical or commercial supplies environment
• Experience in coordinating packaging supplies required
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project software required
• Up to 10% travel (domestic & international)
• Position is based in Boston, MA
• Reports to Sr. Director, US Distribution and Trade
• Recent working experience with NetSuite ERP, Cenexi, PCI, and Cardinal 3PL is a plus