Associate Director / Medical Training
Medical Affairs | Los Altos, CA or Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
Primary responsibility of the Medical Affairs (MA) Trainer is to develop medical science training materials for Global MA Teams (including US), including Field Medical, that supports a Best in Class Medical Affairs Training Program. The training materials should support new hires as well as a continuum of learning for existing employees. The MA Trainer serves as a resource to develop scientific and clinical materials and serve as a clinical mentor to the field medical team. The MA Trainer must keep abreast of new emerging oncology scientific data to ensure robust scientific exchange with Thought Leaders and Health Care Professionals for Global MA Teams. The MA Trainer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a training platform which ensures a learning continuum for current and new emerging science. The training platform should provide the MA team with an innovative training approach, maintain training resources, & documentation records for all training events.
The MA Trainer drives the development & implementation of educational initiatives in a manner consistent with best practices, applicable law, regulations, & relevant SOPs. The MA Trainer collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify training opportunities to ensure best in class MA training; and monitors training outcomes through key performance indicators.
Responsibilities of MA Trainer include, but are not limited to the following:
· Develop annual training plan & curriculum to support Oncopeptides’ product portfolio, life-cycle management (LCM) & disease area requirements.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders (i.e., US & Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, Medical Directors, R&D, Medical Information, Commercial training, Publications) to identify training opportunities to ensure best in class training for existing employees and new hires.
· Lead development of new training content to meet changing knowledge & capability requirements of MA team.
· Drive the development & implementation of educational initiatives in a manner consistent with best practices, applicable law, regulations, & relevant SOPs.
· Serve as a key clinical/scientific resource & mentor to field medical team & internal colleagues by providing ongoing product & disease state education training.
· Implement innovative training curriculum using blended approaches (i.e., live training, WebEx, interactive workshops, podcast, virtual learning, expert led workshops, peer to peer).
· Oversee field medical affairs information technology & training resources (SharePoint, BOX, Survey Monkey, VEEVA CRM, BEACON Training app).
· Coordinate & organize all training material into a concise and easily accessible format.
· Identify resources, timelines, & vendors to execute each component of training program.
· Address gaps in training material or content that should be filled to ensure a best in class training experience.
· Communicate with team members, trainers, and management to ensure all needs are met.
· Contribute to the design, development, and analysis of training cross functions and supports training efforts that drive improvements in MSL effectiveness.
· Implement training curriculum via scheduled teleconference series, live, written & online.
· Create dashboard & key performance indicators to training track progress & outcomes.
· Continually obtain feedback & input on ways to improve medical Learning & Field Medical Capabilities Continuum.
· Monitor program budgets and upwardly manage project scope as needed.
· Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Oncopeptides.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Advanced Degree (PhD, PharmD, NP, etc.) preferred
· Oncology training experience in the pharmaceutical industry
· Demonstrated leadership qualities
· Strong teaching skills; established track record of effective oral presentations
· Excellent quantitative abilities and excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
· Strong project management skills
· Expertise in critically evaluating scientific literature
· Exceptional organizational & time management skills
· Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to function on a cross-functional team.
· Knowledge of adult learning principles
· Demonstrated expertise to synthesize & communicate medical information clearly
· Ability to travel 20-30 % to attend medical congress meetings and internal meetings
We will consider qualified remote candidates!