Associate Director/Director of U.S. Communications
Communications | Waltham, MA | Full Time | Opened about 1 month ago
Oncopeptides is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. Every day we are inspired by the perseverance that we see from patients, care givers and health care providers in their fight against cancer. We are unwavering in our focus and dedication to bring hope to patients through new and meaningful treatment options. In 2000, Oncopeptides was founded by leading Swedish scientists. Since that time, Oncopeptides has developed a proprietary Peptide-Drug Conjugate (PDC) Platform. In June 2020, Oncopeptides submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for accelerated approval of our lead product candidate, melphalan flufenamide (also referred to as melflufen). The Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) has been set for February 28, 2021. Melphalan flufenamide is an anti-cancer PDC that rapidly delivers an alkylator payload into tumor cells and it is under review for patients with triple-class refractory multiple myeloma.
Oncopeptides is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO. The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
We are looking for a strategic and creative Director of U.S. Communications to join our growing and dynamic team. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day management of communications and Public Relations activities to promote and protect Oncopeptides’ reputation with U.S. media and other key stakeholders. They will also be an important part of a broader global communications team that is working together to establish a consistent and compelling narrative for the Company, melphalan flufenamide and the pipeline. This person will closely collaborate with internal stakeholder groups (medical, marketing, patient advocacy) to develop accurate and engaging communications across all external communications. They will develop an internal communications program to engage and inspire our employees to be part of ONE Oncopeptides and take pride in helping to build a strong, values driven culture. This role will support the Head of US Corporate Communications in developing the overall corporate communications strategy for the U.S. and will be responsible for its execution. The ideal candidate is a high-energy and strategic professional with a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry who can leverage their media relations expertise to drive results.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Work with the Head of US Corporate Communications and the Company’s US Leadership Team to develop and execute a corporate communications program, for the region, which aligns with company goals and strategy.
● Prepare corporate and product specific materials like press releases, fact sheets, Q&A’s social media content among others.
● Prepare and execute key corporate events for media and other key stakeholders.
● Develop and drive social and digital media strategies and tactics as well as maintain an editorial calendar of content.
● Develop an internal communications program to help build a sense of community and drive awareness and adoption of our Company goals and values.
● Provide communications counsel and support to senior leadership on key issues and regularly attend key meetings to provide the communications perspective.
● Manage our Public Relations Firm and other vendors to maximize the partnership and ensure the delivery of projects and programs within budget and on schedule.
● Partner with patient advocacy on key programs and tactics to increase awareness of our Company’s commitment to patients.
● Accurate and timely issuance of press releases over business wires.
● Serve as a contact and resource for media.
● BA/BS Degree in English, Communications, Public Relations or related field
● 10 to 15 years of experience in Corporate Communications in an agency or corporate setting.
● Exceptional oral and written communications skills
● Excellent project management skills and the ability to independently prioritize, multitask and problem solve.
● Strong business acumen and knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, preferably oncology
● A clear understanding of the rules and regulations pertaining to media communications.
● Strong social media skills, website/intranet development skills a plus
● Comfortable engaging with people of at all levels of the organization
● Experience working cross functionally and cross nationally with various stakeholders internally and externally.
● Proficiency in identifying and solving problems while thinking outside the box.
● Work well in a small team environment and can roll up your sleeves to ensure all department goals are achieved.