Finance & IT | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate Melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
We are looking for an AP Manager to join our growing and dynamic team. This individual will be responsible for managing activities and operations in the accounts payable function for the organization. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate financial records and control reports. Prepares accounts payable register and related reports in a timely manner. Contributes to the development of accounts payable processes and procedures. Properly updates accounting management as to workload status and issues promptly, to maintain the timely processing of invoices and payments. Manage Accounts Payable business partnership relationship with the broader organization.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing Accounts Payable Vendor Relationship as well as the business partnership relationship with the broader organization
- Monitor payments, review bank account reconciliations on payment runs, ensure payments are properly executed, and payment failures are identified.
- Manage Purchase Orders.
- Provide problem and invoice resolution assistance to vendors and internal company personnel with tact and diplomacy; act as a liaison between departments and vendors; escalate problem invoice(s)without POs to Finance and Procurement leadership
- Manages vendor communications and ensures that past due inquiries are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner. Provide effective and timely follow through with internal and external inquiries
- Oversee vendor account discrepancies; identify and implement corrective actions
- Routinely perform periodic audits to ensure that invoices have been processed accurately and paid within terms.
- Administrator of the AP module of the ERP system NetSuite
- Manages and reviews with Finance leadership AP reporting package, dashboards and metrics and ensures the timely monthly distribution of the AP reporting package
- Leads and directs the AP team in Customer support and troubleshooting activities
- Assists in the preparation of annual reporting and audits.
- Coordinates mandated tax reporting (1099’s)
- Work in collaboration with the Procurement and FP&A teams where needed to optimize the Procure to Pay process and manage POs
- BA Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 5 to 10 years of accounts payable experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervisory role required
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Proven record of process improvement to streamline efficiencies and/or save money
- Strong computer skills - proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Organized and ability to independently prioritize and multitask
- Ability to lead and direct others in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of Company personnel and recognize they are our customer
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Accounting systems include NetSuite and Concur