Financial - Technical Analyst (Air Force Budget, Auditor)
Program Manager | EL SEGUNDO, CA | Full Time
OMNI FIAR Summary:
As a Technical Analyst providing Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) services to the Department of the Air Force, you will collaborate with teams from across our organization, working with professionals to help finance leaders solve complex issues impacting risk, integrity and efficiency. Our OMNI FIAR team helps clients prepare for financial audits, address compliance regulations, improve process and controls around financial reporting, and implement new accounting requirements. We provide our clients with a comprehensive approach to tackle the most challenging accounting and financial issues that impact risk within an Air Force environment.
This position will focus on responding to financial statement audits, conducting internal performance audits, providing examination and financial management consulting services related to audit readiness and compliance engagements.
Job Responsibilities -- Must have a Secret Clearance (Active):
•Work with clients to identify financial control issues and gap
•Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
•Assist with accounting and financial reporting operations
•Advise our clients on technical accounting and internal controls matters
•Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
•Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
•Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
•Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
•Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development
•Manage own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experience
•Responsible for federal audit and A-123 assessment for federal DOD client
•Write test scripts and execute testing controls
Qualifications -- Must have a Secret Clearance (Active):
- Required Experience of four or more years in one the following areas:
- DoD and Air Force financial management policies and procedures
- Experience with and understanding of DOD Audit process and protocols (FIAR guidance). DOD Audit and/or Audit readiness experience preferred.
- Experience identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; and demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- MS Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Desired Experience:
- Familiarity with Federal Government Financial policies and procedures
- Experience with analyzing and assessing large volume of data
- Familiarity with deployment of solutions that support strategic initiatives in the areas of :
- Business Strategy
o Transformational Change Management
o Business Process re-engineering
o Project Management
o Process Improvement
o Property, Plant, and Equipment
o Heritage Assets
o Imputed costs
- Familiarity with development of reference guidance
- Familiarity with OUSD AT&L policies and requirements
- Knowledge of valuation of long-lived assets including alternative valuation methodologies
- Experience in GPPE; preference for Real Property experience.
- GAAP/GAGAS/ICOFR experience
· Must have a Secret Clearance (Active)
· Four year degree in accounting, finance, communications or business management related field from an accredited institution