Associate Scientist – Molecular Biology/Biochemistry
Icagen Ion Channel Biology | Durham, NC | Full Time
OmniAb's Icagen Ion Channel Technology Center in Durham, North Carolina currently has an opening for a talented Associate Scientist to join our Biology team. This is a full-time, laboratory-based position offering an opportunity to play key roles in identifying novel drug candidates and advancing drug development projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in a broad set of molecular biology and biochemistry techniques with a fundamental understanding of cellular biology. The successful candidate will be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while working as part of a core team. The work will be fast-paced and process-oriented in a dynamic environment which is predicated upon continuous improvement where everyone is encouraged to contribute to improving laboratory efficiency.
Working at OmniAb, Inc.
OmniAb consists of dynamic and innovative scientists that employ a variety of novel platforms to support our partners in discovering next generation therapeutics. At the core of OmniAb is the ability to engineer animals to generate affinity matured human sequence antibodies for use in conventional and novel therapeutic formats. We leverage our proprietary animals with state-of-the-art technology in antigen design, immunization methods and high-throughput single B cell screening to facilitate discovery of best-in-class antibodies. Within OmniAb are also best-in-class capabilities for the discovery and screening in high value ion channel and transporter targets. We are looking for accomplished team players who are enthusiastic to contribute to the technological frontier of drug discovery, contribute to improving human health, and passionate in their desire to collaborate with partners to develop next generation therapeutics. See OmniAb.com for more details about the exciting science being performed at OmniAb.
- Integral member of the in vitro pharmacology team supporting multiple target screening and leading drug candidate optimization projects.
- Perform molecular biology and biochemistry assays to characterize properties and/or mode of action of drug candidates.
- Participate in the culture and maintenance of mammalian cell lines.
- Demonstrate flexibility within a data driven work environment, along with an ability to multitask and good communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain excellent documentation of protocols and experiments and contribute to analysis and reporting of data.
- Participate in laboratory support duties that are associated with operating a productive pharmaceutical industry research group.
Experience & Skills:
- BS in biology or cellular/molecular biology and 0-2 years of relevant experience in a research or drug discovery laboratory environment.
- Experience in molecular biology and biochemistry techniques (e.g., RNA isolation/handling, qPCR, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, enzymatic assays).
- Excellent written/verbal communication, record keeping skills with strong attention to detail, and computer and data processing skills (Microsoft Office, SnapGene, etc.).
- Molecular biology techniques to characterize gene expression including SDS-PAGE, RNA isolation, RT-PCR and qPCR.
- RNA and protein extraction from cell lines or primary cells for downstream applications.
- Protein characterization using ELISA, western blot, and immunoassays.
- Aseptic cell culture techniques along with cell harvesting, counting, cell cryopreservation, and infection/transfection.
The company offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, as well as 401(k) Match, Stock Options, Bonus, and Paid Leave Time.
- All new hires are required to go through background and reference checks
- OmniAb is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets employer
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- OmniAb celebrates the diversity of life and welcomes all individuals to apply
- New hires based in the US will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement
OmniAb, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.