Communications | Honolulu, HI | Full Time
We’re looking for our next “Olomaniac” – someone who is smart, passionate and team oriented. To thrive in our culture, he or she should not only have the necessary skills and knowledge to get the job done well, but should also be an enthusiastic, avid learner and collaborative problem solver who welcomes the next big challenge.
At Olomana Loomis ISC, we are bold – we’re not afraid to stand out, be seen and be heard. We are creative – we strive to be distinctive, original and innovative. We are dynamic – we embrace change, welcome the unexpected, and partner to facilitate positive transformation.
Olomana Loomis ISC is an integrated marketing, brand, communications and business consulting firm. Our services include: brand strategy, data-driven marketing, advertising, digital (web, social media, mobile) communications, public and media relations, corporate communications, crisis communications, business development, nonprofit fund development, videography and graphic design. We serve clients in a diverse array of industries, including: education, energy, healthcare, financial services, technology, real estate, retail, visitor industry, arts and culture, nonprofit, and political campaigns.
The Communications Specialists role encompasses three areas: Client Service, Content Generation and Project Coordination.
- Client Service: The Communications Specialist will support members of the Communications Team and Olomana Loomis ISC managers through setting up client and internal meetings, drafting agendas, scribing notes, creating briefs and status reports, conducting online research, and assisting with the execution of deliverables.
- Content Generation: The Communications Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Communications Team in researching and drafting content for client internal and external communications including, but not limited to: communications, branding and inbound marketing campaigns, digital communications (web, email, social media) storytelling, presentations, newsletters, brochures, advertorials and video scripts. He/She will also assist with public and media relations activities, including drafting news releases and talking points, assisting with media pitches, press kits and news conferences. The Communications Specialist will also assist with media and advertorial interviews.
- Project Coordination: The Communications Specialist will be responsible for coordinating projects related to his/her assigned clients, including assisting with project timelines, budgets and vendors. He/she will coordinate with other members of the agency’s team and any vendors to ensure the highest standards of quality and performance to meet or exceed established objectives.
Formal Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- 2 to 5 years of work experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Work experience in an agency desirable
- A record of increasingly greater career responsibility and accomplishment
- Detailed command of written English, word choice, tone, grammar, punctuation, spelling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail)
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Working knowledge of best SEO practices
- Keen attention to detail, organization and excellent math and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Both leadership and team player qualities are essential
- Entrepreneurial spirit, youthful energy but mature mindset
- Familiarity of local history, culture and marketplace a must
- Ongoing love of learning highly desirable
Do you have experience in one or more of the following?
- Media training
- Crisis communications
- Nonprofit fund development
- Brand strategy
- Video scriptwriting
- Ad copywriting
- Social media strategy
- Language (fluency in Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean)
Do you have experience in any of the following industries?
- Financial Services
- Government Policy / Political Campaigns
- Parking subsidy or monthly Bus Pass
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Health insurance coverage (including Acupuncture and Massage) paid by employer
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance available
- Flex Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Year-end performance bonus
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Professional development supported
- Position will close on May 31, 2019 all resumes to be considered must be received by that date.
- Candidates who pass our screening process will be contacted for an interview the week of June 3, 2019 or sooner.
- Candidates must be ready to begin work within a month of offer; therefore only candidates currently on island (or en route to return/relocate to Hawaii) will be considered.