Platform Support Engineer
Client Services | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Technical Support Engineer
Who Are We?
The #1 Visual Commerce & Marketing Platform. Olapic turns consumer-generated content into your most valuable brand asset. We work with leading brands to help them engage and convert consumers. Olapic is the premier social photo crowdsourcing service, providing brands and publishers with tools to engage their audience and support a strong community, built on photo and video sharing. Olapic helps companies grow by leveraging the power of data from multiple photo-sharing sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
Olapic is part of Monotype, the world's leading provider of fonts, font technologies and digital brand engagement solutions that enable optimal user experience, effective marketing integrity and innovative brand loyalty across all communication channels. Headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts (USA), the company supports in particular the Global Top 2,000 customers in the international markets of America, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. Among other things, we offer custom company fonts for all languages and end devices, perfect rendering in heads-up displays and branded emojis in the major messenger apps. Monotype EMEA is a regional business unit working interdisciplinary, holistically, and always as one team. Internally and externally you will partner with digital-driven talents in a pioneering environment.
Where Are We?
Lincoln House, Floor 2, 296-301 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7JH.
Who Do We Need?
The Global Technical Support Team at Olapic is a critical part of our future success. It is the front line of Olapic’s customer experience, and provides effective, high-quality technical support to our rapidly growing global customer base. The Technical Support Engineer is a natural problem solver who is able work patiently and efficiently with hundreds of customers, exponential traffic growth and millions of impressions per month as we continuously expand the Olapic Platform feature-set. The role will involve supporting both technical and non-technical end users, while also contributing to programming and documentation projects, as required.
This is a great position for someone looking to build their career in a Customer Success role. You will have experience in a customer facing position and enjoy resolving people’s problems. This role is ideal if you are looking to further hone your technical skill-set while building on your existing client-facing experience.
· Respond to customers with custom & contextual responses to issues.
· Create fixes for customer issues, informing them along the way.
· Troubleshooting of platform issues.
· Customer education – work with customers to ensure they know how to avoid issues in the future.
· Work with Account Manager team to support customers and provide a solution or data as and when needed.
· Track and report trends to senior Tech Support team, identifying regular issues to analyse what Olapic can improve on.
· Continual learning of new technologies in order to help solve problems or better the platform.
· Intra-team tasks – work with colleagues in the London office & Global support team in NYC and Cordoba to ensure everyone knows what we do/best way to solve issues etc.
- Extremely strong communication and follow-up skills. You can speak both engineer and human.
- Speaks and writes English fluently.
- Self-driven and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Shows initiative; works hard and leads by example as part of a greater team.
- Brings new ideas to the table about the support process and architecture; is able to implement them if needed!
- Great organization skills and ability to plan ahead.
- Must be a creative problem solver; able to think outside the box when challenging support issues appear.
- Customer focused mentality required; you love helping other people and see how they make great use of our products.
- Awareness of API, iOS SDK, JS SDK.
- Experience querying/searching databases, preferably MySQL/SQL.
- Familiarity with Git, such as GitHub, Bitbucket, or other version control platform.
- Troubleshooting (especially when time is of the essence).
- Strong ability to retrieve historical data from multiple sources.
- Previous experience in customer service/support role.