Business Development Representative
Sales | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Who Are We?
The #1 Visual Commerce & Marketing Platform. Olapic turns consumer-generated content into your most valuable brand asset. We work with leading brands to help them engage and convert consumers. Olapic is the premier social photo crowdsourcing service, providing brands and publishers with tools to engage their audience and support a strong community, built on photo and video sharing. Olapic helps companies grow by leveraging the power of data from multiple photo-sharing sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
Olapic is part of Monotype, the world's leading provider of fonts, font technologies and digital brand engagement solutions that enable optimal user experience, effective marketing integrity and innovative brand loyalty across all communication channels. Headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts (USA), the company supports in particular the Global Top 2,000 customers in the international markets of America, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. Among other things, we offer custom company fonts for all languages and end devices, perfect rendering in heads-up displays and branded emojis in the major messenger apps. Monotype EMEA is a regional business unit working interdisciplinary, holistically, and always as one team. Internally and externally you will partner with digital-driven talents in a pioneering environment.
Where Are We?
Lincoln House, Floor 2, 296-301 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7JH.
Who Do We Need?
Olapic are looking for a Business Development Representative to join our growing team in London. As we continue to experience year on year growth, we’re looking for talented individuals to help us spread our message across EMEA and APAC. This is an exciting, fast paced opportunity to become part of a genuinely innovative business.
Joining what is an already well established BDR team, you will be reporting directly into the Director of Business Development for EIMEA & APAC and working closely with the Sales and Marketing org to fuel our sales pipeline.
What you’ll be doing:
● Identifying opportunities for our sales team to win new business through active outbound prospecting on the telephone and via email and LinkedIn.
● Becoming the subject matter expert in Olapic products and service offerings in order to effectively articulate Olapic’s value proposition to businesses within our core target markets.
● Successfully conducting discovery/needs analysis with eCommerce leaders, marketing directors, digital directors, SVPs and CMO’s at retailers and brands.
● Representing Olapic at trade shows and events.
● Positively contributing to the culture of our business.
What we’re looking for:
● Experience in a business development/sales/recruitment role.
● Appetite to ‘roll your sleeves’ up and play your part in a high growth business.
● Somebody that is hungry, coachable, confident and resilient - attitude is key!
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent number of years of experience.
● Strong communication, negotiation, process, analytical and presentation skills
● Experience working with Salesforce.com is a bonus, as is proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel although not essential.
● ADDITIONAL LANGUAGES FAVOURED.
***To be successful in this role, it is important that you reflect our core values***
Courage – You seek autonomy. You take smart risks. You embrace ambiguous situations. You tackle hard problems outside your defined role. You step up to the plate when you see an issue that needs to be fixed or someone that needs your help. You speak up to make sure the company is set up to succeed.
Collaboration – You treat people with respect despite any disagreement you may have. You try your best to help others achieve their goals. You listen well and make an effort to understand. You seek what’s best for the company, above what’s best for you or your team. You provide feedback quickly instead of holding it up.
Awareness – You are quick to admit mistakes and are comfortable seeking help. You make sure you understand why you do the things you do. You are always trying to learn and seek growth opportunities. You value a good argument and are willing to accept the position of others.
Performance – You seek excellence in your work. You identify root causes, beyond treating symptoms. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You smartly separate what needs to be done well now, and what can be improved later.