Senior System Administrator
IT | Guimarães, Portugal | Full Time
OLAmobile is a Marketing Technology Group specialized in user acquisition focusing on mobile performance campaigns.
Our platforms combine reporting and campaign optimization capabilities to reach quality users and valuable leads, making it one of the most effective and profitable forms of advertising available to mobile apps and services.
We represent a growing team in a promising business. We want to be leaders in our field and, with data centers all over the globe, we are now responsible for huge amounts of data that can shape and change the business of mobile.
Our multicultural talented team is made of engineers, mobile marketing and advertising experts, spread across several international offices and working under different brands.
We're hard-working, innovative, flexible, friendly and successful and we're looking for a Senior System Administrator. The selected candidate will be based in our office in Guimarães, located at Zona Industrial da Gandra (Spinpark / Avepark).
We’re looking for an experienced System Administrator who wants to be challenged on a daily basis. You’ll be expected to install and configure the hardware and software systems of the company, maintaining it in optimal functioning conditions.
- Install and configure servers and networks structures;
- Prepare servers for high load traffic (more than 20k hits per second);
- Program and monitor the system backup;
- Implement alarmist procedures to monitor servers and platforms;
- Monitor services and platforms to prevent down time;
- Implement a failover solution;
- Work with technical teams;
- Maintain the hardware and software systems under his/her responsibility in optimal functioning conditions;
- Manage application release management, infrastructure provisioning and deployment;
- Define and lead next generation high availability data center architectures, operational tools, automation, infrastructure provisioning and 24x7 operations;
- Responsible for the customer facing production environment monitoring, performance, release/ deployment, security, reliability, availability, capacity, latency, and other nonfunctional concerns.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- At least, five years of strong hands on background in data centers, networking, virtualization and service management;
- Proven working experience planning infrastructure capacity;
- Proven working experience using advanced scripting skills;
- Proven working experience supporting infrastructures on Cloud and virtualization environments.
- 100% hands on experience in data center management, compute, storage, and network infrastructure;
- Experience with bootstrap data centers and hands on technical work with the engineering team;
- Exposure to big data infrastructures such as Hadoop, MongoDB architecture and experience scaling those infrastructures;
- Knowledge in automation and monitoring tools;
- Knowledge of relational databases, database appliances, and NoSQL databases;
- Understanding of cloud solution approaches from a technical (infrastructure), service management, financial, and sourcing perspective;
- Solid understanding in firewall configurations and Linux file system options;
- Strong foundation in virtualization software such as VMware, KVM and Xen & Service Management;
- Deep understanding of scaling out and horizontal scaling infrastructure architectures.
- Proactive, responsible and delivers on time;
- Analytical skills;
- Keeps up with IT trends;
- Customer service orientation;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full proficiency in English is a mandatory requirement.
If you are looking for a strong multinational company and have a desire to be part of the best projects in the mobile industry, make sure you apply for this position.