Operations | Union, NJ | Full Time
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown into a $1 billion supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions. With over 1,200 professionals in 64 owned offices and a worldwide presence in 28 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that optimize supply chains around the world. OIA is privately owned by Indianapolis-based LDI, Ltd., with more than a century of experience funding and operating high potential, middle-market companies.
American Cargo Express, an OIA Global company has an opportunity for a Traffic Coordinator. The Traffic Coordinator will communicate directly with customers, schedule deliveries with vendors, and prepare necessary paperwork for shipment. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing company and expand your skillset in the logistics industry. This position is in the Union, New Jersey office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle email communication effectively and timely
- Provide excellent customer service over the phone or email
- Contact trucking companies for quotes and deliveries
- Provide domestic transit details to clients as needed
- Follow up with FTL & LTL carrier on shipment status
- Schedule appointments for delivery
- Review all paperwork before billing
- Generate Bills of Lading for Shippers
- 1-2 years of experience within the logistics or freight forwarding industry required
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service mindset and a positive attitude
- Detail orientation and strong ability to multi-task while maintaining superior quality results
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative. We offer an exciting work environment focused on growth and employee development. OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
OIA Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.