IT | Portland, OR | Full Time
The Systems Engineer is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and securing all levels of the core technology stack from storage through operating system in both a hosted data center and the public cloud, as well as the wide area network. You will be part of our fast-paced, agile team. This role will work with our Global IT Team to actively improve system performance and automate processes where possible.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Actively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability by establishing performance baselines, then monitoring technical metrics that report the overall health of the infrastructure
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and partner with developers and analysts to implement solutions
- Design and maintain backup and redundancy strategies to assure system security and data assurance
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Build flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation
- Provide support for incidents escalated from our service desk and development teams
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- 3-5 years of experience administering Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 Server operating systems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject- or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (2008+) components including Sites and Services, User/Computer account administration, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policies
- Ability to administrate, implement, and solve problems with Exchange 2003+ environments—including DAGs, Archival servers, and support multiple recipient domains
- 3-5 years of experience administering VMWare
- 1-2 years of experience administering Cisco UCS, SolarWinds, Citrix XenApp
- 1-2 years of experience in the administration and performance tuning of Microsoft services
- 1-2 years of running and monitoring IaaS or PaaS in the public cloud
- PowerShell scripting skills
- Familiarity with MS SQL 2008+ concepts, implementation, and administration
Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative, with a healthy work/life balance. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
OIA Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.