SENIOR REPORTING ANALYST
IT | Portland, OR | Full Time
SENIOR REPORTING ANALYST
The Sr. Reporting Analyst will work within the Information Technology department on the Data and Analytics team. A key responsibility of the Sr. Reporting Analyst will initially be cataloging data that is presently available for self-service reporting and assisting with training and education of stakeholders to improve utilization of said data. Additionally, the Sr. Reporting Analyst will design and execute a campaign to increasing stakeholder education and adoption of the visualization tools. As stakeholder competency and data utilization improves the Sr. Reporting Analyst will develop and maintain a backlog of additional data needs and then source and publish that data, and when appropriate analyze and interpret the data via reports and dashboards. The Sr. Reporting Analyst will lead the initiative to increase the frequency with which decisions are made with the support of data at all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with stakeholders from designated department to assess, define document requirements for reports and dashboards
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards using Tableau, Power BI or similar technologies
- Collaborate with the Data and Analytics Team to define new data sets and accommodate changes to existing data sets
- Design appropriate data repository and reporting tools that will be used to organize, analyze, and report data.
- Provide training and guidance to internal staff focused on data repositories, reporting tools and report and dashboard distribution methodologies
- Provide timely execution of assigned tasks in an agile development environment
- Be comfortable leveraging SQL, Microsoft Excel and other tools to deliver rapid prototypes as well as more structured datasets like SSAS cubes for harden production solutions
- Interpret, analyze and provide recommendations regarding data accuracy/data quality
- Act as the main point of contact/Product Owner for all reporting and analytical requests
- 3+ years building and maintaining dashboards, analyses and reports
- 3+ years of experience using business intelligence tools and databases
- 3+ years of experience using Tableau Software Intelligence suite, (including desktop and server deployment), Microsoft Power BI (including desktop and the Power BI Gateway
- Strong SQL programming skills, including the use of SQL analyticl functions
- Proven success functioning in a Reporting Analyst role
- Ability to take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently make discoveries and package and deliver the findings to a non-technical audience.
- Experience working with a hybrid team of analyst, engineers, and developers to build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use analytical systems.
- Preference for a dynamic, fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational, communication and documentation skills.
- Developed problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Commitment to continual process improvement.
- Experience utilizing virtualization and distributed field systems, such as Hadoop (or similar distributed file systems)
- Experience leveraging publicly available data sets and/or big data
- Experience in one or more scripting languages such as R or Python
- Experience using git, VSTF, or other version control technologies
- Experience with Cortona Intelligence Suite
OIA Global Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. We are on a steep growth curve and offer opportunities for growth. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative, with a healthy work/life balance. We offer a wonderful work environment on the banks of the Willamette river. OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits. I