SENIOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST – DATA AND ANALYTICS
IT | Portland, OR | Full Time
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown into a $1 billion supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions. With over 1,200 professionals in 64 owned offices and a worldwide presence in 28 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that optimize supply chains around the world. OIA is privately owned by Indianapolis-based LDI, Ltd., with more than a century of experience funding and operating high potential, middle-market companies.
OIA is building a new Data and Analytics Product Team and is looking for a Product Owner that is eager to have significant influence over the future of Data and Analytics within the organization. We desire to get greater value out of the data we have available today through improving data accessibility and data literacy. From there we want to grow from strictly using data descriptively to using it predictively and eventually prescriptively. As a member of the IT Department, this role will focus on enabling and empowering report writers within the business units to more advanced insights.
OIA is looking for someone that fits the following profile:
- Understands the emerging trends and technologies in data and analytics, business intelligence and data visualization
- Has participated in all layers and responsibilities of data analytics including data reporting, data engineering and data architecture
- Has contributed to and/or lead the design of a data and analytics strategy including team building, process design, technical architecture, etc.
- Is interested not only in data and statistics but obsessive about driving business insights, strategic value and disruptive observations from the data.
- Is passionate about and has a vision for seeing data literacy within an organization improve, including increasing self-service data insights and the decentralization of basic reporting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage SQL, Microsoft Excel and other tools to deliver rapid prototypes, as well as more structured datasets like SSAS cubes for hardened production solutions
- Provide training and guidance to the organization on available data repositories, reporting tools and report and dashboard distribution methodologies
- Maintain the backlog for new data sets and changes to existing data sets
- Work with stakeholders to define and document requirements for reports and dashboards
- Aid report developers and data visualizers in the development of intermediate and advanced reporting leveraging more complex functionality within tools like Tableau and Power BI
- Provide timely execution and deliver of commitments in an agile development environment
- Interpret, analyze and provide recommendations regarding data accuracy/data quality
- 3+ years building and maintaining dashboards, analyses and reports
- 3+ years of experience using business intelligence tools and databases
- 3+ years of experience using Tableau Software Intelligence suite, (including desktop and server deployment), Microsoft Power BI (including desktop and the Power BI Gateway)
- Strong SQL programming skills, including the use of SQL analytical functions
- Ability to take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently make discoveries and then deliver the findings to a non-technical audience.
- Experience working with a hybrid team of analyst, engineers, and developers to build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use analytical systems.
- Preference for a dynamic, fast-paced and results-oriented environment with changing priorities
- Strong organizational, communication and documentation skills.
- Commitment to continual process improvement.
- Experience utilizing virtualization and distributed field systems, such as Hadoop (or similar distributed file systems) preferred
- Experience leveraging publicly available data sets and/or big data preferred
- Experience in one or more scripting languages such as R or Python a plus
- Experience using git, VSTF, or other version control technologies a plus
OIA Global is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative, with a healthy work/life balance. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.