IT | Portland, OR | Full Time
OIA Global Logistics is a world-class provider of reliable, secure and efficient logistics services and supply chain solutions. Our knowledge base, solution design experience and installed infrastructure gives our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets. OIA Global Logistics is a respected name in Logistics, Materials and Packaging around the world, with significant presence in Asia, Europe and the Americas. We understand that control of business processes is paramount in this increasingly integrated international environment.
The primary responsibility of the Quality Assurance Analyst is to analyze, verify, and validate the quality of the source code, via inspection, manual testing, automated testing, using tools, creating test files, creating test cases and inspecting test results and documenting defects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and analyze problems with program function, output, UI, data, or content and document and manage defects in defect tracking system
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates and when necessary identify and prepare test data for testing
- Test, maintain, and implement System/QA testing strategy, test plans, test processes, test scenarios, and test cases based on Industry Standards
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Communicate with Business Systems Analysts and Developers to understand/clarify requirements and ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals
- 3-5 years of experience delivering exceptional manual QA for data integrations
- Excellent understanding of software design techniques and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Willing to take ownership and initiative: volunteers readily, seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand, asks for and offers help when needed and looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality: exhibits accuracy and a thoroughness and attention to detail at all times
- Display original thinking and creativity through generating suggestions for improving work and developing innovative approaches and ideas
- Value teamwork: highly collaborative and able to give/receive critical feedback, balances team and individual responsibilities while putting the success of team above own interests
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Visual Studio Online
- 1-2 years experience with SQL
- 1-2 years experience with BizTalk integrations
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- EDI, EDIFACT and XML data integrations
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Working at OIA Global Logistics
OIA Global Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. We are on a steep growth curve and offer opportunities for growth. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative, with a healthy work/life balance. We offer a wonderful work environment on the banks of the Willamette river. OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for OIA, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.