Warehouse Distribution | Portland, OR | Full Time
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown into a $1 billion supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions. With over 1,200 professionals in 64 owned offices and a worldwide presence in 28 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that optimize supply chains around the world. OIA is privately owned by Indianapolis-based LDI, Ltd., with more than a century of experience funding and operating high potential, middle-market companies.
The Material Handler will provide timely and accurate picking and loading of product to meet all customer orders. In this role, you will receive and unload all incoming product daily. We are looking for candidates with an attention to detail who will ensure order accuracy and timely delivery.
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
- Operate Crown forklifts, reach trucks and stock pickers, pick, pack and release orders
- Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area
- Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wearing the proper safety equipment
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 3 months related experience or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Able to accurately handle multiple tasks and deadlines within a fast-paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative. We offer an exciting work environment focused on growth and employee development. OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
OIA Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.