INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Sales | Portland, OR | Full Time
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown into a $1 billion supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions. With over 1,200 professionals in 64 owned offices and a worldwide presence in 28 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that optimize supply chains around the world. OIA is privately owned by Indianapolis-based LDI, Ltd., with more than a century of experience funding and operating high potential, middle-market companies.
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for business to business telephone sales. Candidates should be comfortable with moving past gatekeepers, speaking with decision makers, and understanding the process of selling over the phone. As part of the Global Sales team, this role will work to reduce attrition and maximize existing customer relationships. This position is based at our Corporate Headquarters in Portland.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track account activity to identify churn risks and work proactively to eliminate these risks
- Penetrate current customer accounts for potential cross sell opportunities
- Contact prospective customer leads
- Efficiently manage warm and hot leads, and direct to outside sales or account managers as necessary
- Track results of phone calls within customer database
- Develop and execute a sales script
- 1-3 years’ experience in telephone sales or customer service experience required
- 1-3 years’ experience in freight forwarding or logistics industry required
- Must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills with a knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to multi- task and work independently
- High level of attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to overcome rejection from sales leads
OIA Global is an EEO employer.