Data and Analytics Product Owner
IT | Portland, OR | Full Time
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown into a $1 billion supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions. With over 1,200 professionals in 64 owned offices and a worldwide presence in 28 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that optimize supply chains around the world. OIA is privately owned by Indianapolis-based LDI, Ltd., with more than a century of experience funding and operating high potential, middle-market companies.
OIA is building a new Data and Analytics Product Team and is looking for a Product Owner that is eager to have significant influence over the future of Data and Analytics within the organization. We desire to get greater value out of the data we have available today through improving data accessibility and data literacy. From there we want to grow from strictly using data descriptively to using it predictively and eventually prescriptively. As a member of the IT Department, this role will focus on enabling and empowering report writers within the business units to more advanced insights.
OIA is looking for someone that fits the following profile:
- Understands the emerging trends and technologies in data and analytics, business intelligence and data visualization
- Has contributed to, collaborated on and/or lead the design of a data and analytics strategy, including: team building, process design, technical architecture, etc.
- Is interested not only in data and statistics but is obsessive about driving business insights, strategic value and disruptive observations from the data.
- Is passionate about and has a vision for seeing data literacy within an organization improve, including increasing self-service data insights and the decentralization of reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with Stakeholders at all levels of the organization to understand, and in some cases, help build, a vision for data and analytics and then develop a product roadmap around that
- Lead Stakeholders in prioritization exercises to ensure the roadmap is delivering the greatest value
- Maintain the backlog for new data sets and changes to existing data sets
- Work with stakeholders to define and document requirements for reports and dashboards
- Provide timely execution and delivery of commitments in an agile development environment
- 1+ years’ experience as a Product Owner on an agile team
- 3+ years as a business analyst and/or business systems analyst
- 1+ years building and maintaining dashboards and reports
- 1+ years of using visualization tools, such as Microsoft Power BI (including desktop and the Power BI Gateway)
- Experience with beginner/intermediate level SQL programming
- Ability to take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently make discoveries and then deliver the findings to a non-technical audience
- Experience working with a hybrid team of analysts, engineers, and developers to build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use systems
- Preference for a dynamic, fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organizational, communication and documentation skills
- Experience leading effective meetings with a variety of stakeholders, up to and including executive team members
- Developed problem solving and decision-making skills
- Commitment to continual process improvement
- Experience leveraging publicly available data sets and/or big data
- Experience in one or more scripting languages such as R or Python
- Experience using git, VSTF, or other version control technologies
- Experience with Cortana Intelligence Suite
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative. We offer an exciting work environment focused on growth and employee development. OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
OIA Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.