BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
IT | Portland, OR | Full Time
OIA Global Logistics is a world-class provider of reliable, secure and efficient logistics services and supply chain solutions. Our knowledge base, solution design experience and installed infrastructure gives our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets. OIA Global Logistics is a respected name in Logistics, Materials and Packaging around the world, with significant presence in Asia, Europe and the Americas. We understand that control of business processes is paramount in this increasingly integrated international environment.
Product Owner / Business Systems Analyst
The product owner / business systems analyst will be responsible for the continued evolution and roll-out of OIA Connect– a digital, self-service platform tailored to the needs of OIA Global’s freight forwarding, warehousing, materials and packaging management customers.
- Product Owner / Business Systems Analyst is responsible for engaging stakeholders to understand new requirements and/or enhancements for digital applications/products and leads the design, build and implementation using modern product development methods.
- As a collaborative and agile team player, this person will engage key stakeholders across the different business units and will work closely with other business analysts and product development team members to gather and prioritize business requirements, write stories, coordinate acceptance testing and product launches. This person will manage communication and implementation plans with stakeholders and be the keeper of the product roadmap. Prior experience in a technology environment within IT, software development, quality or similar technical discipline is a prerequisite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders across the different business units to understand business strategies and vision. Identify business needs
- Translate business needs into system requirements working closely with sponsors and stake holders
- Responsible for building and maintaining the product roadmap
- Manage product development process from initiation to delivery
- Track progress, prepare status reports and communicate with stakeholders and team members
- Identify potential risks and issues. Draft up mitigation plans
- Collaborate with vendors, consultants, business and IT personnel as necessary
- Manage multiple projects, dependencies and identify workarounds
- Participate in sprint planning, story grooming, retrospectives and demos
- Lead and coach team members as needed
- Review and verify solutions to ensure requirements and acceptance criteria are met
- 2+ years as Senior Product Manager, Senior Business Analyst or similar
- Multi-year experience with application software and/or digital product development
- Adept at bridging the gap between business and IT
- Knowledge of technology, products, services, and methodologies used in building digital products
- Experience with application system implementations or digital product launches
- Work experience with collaborative, globally distributed technology teams
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent technical documentation and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute work tasks
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, shifting needs and deal with moderate ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience using tools for team collaboration and product development
- Experience with digital product and application development
- Knowledge of the various technologies that comprise modern digital products and applications
- Experience in freight forwarding, warehousing, logistics or supply chain management
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365, Kanbanize, Visual Studio for Teams, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, and Trello
OIA Global is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative, with a healthy work/life balance. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.