Business Applications Support Analyst
IT | Portland, OR | Full Time
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown into a $1 billion supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions. With over 1,200 professionals in 64 owned offices and a worldwide presence in 28 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that optimize supply chains around the world. OIA is privately owned by Indianapolis-based LDI, Ltd., with more than a century of experience funding and operating high potential, middle-market companies.
The Business Applications Support Analyst (BASA) is responsible for the user support and system administration of OIA's Global Freight/Transportation/ Warehouse management systems. Working with others on our Global IT team and end-user groups, the BASA will provide end user assistance in using applications, resolving system issues and implementing minor system improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the IT helpdesk, solve queries via telephone and in person, escalate issues appropriately, log incidents in ticketing system
- Respond to and resolve application issues reported by end users through ticketing system, add/remove users and update administrative and security permissions
- Support OIA applications by coordinating with the Business Systems Analyst and application vendors to resolve reported issues
- Identify issue patterns and facilitate root cause analysis and resolution
- Perform application administration, system monitoring, integration mapping, and reporting
- Assist IT Business Systems Analyst with implementing new functionality, perform maintenance projects, and research new issues as they arise
- Create and modify reports, respond to ad hoc queries and perform data analysis using the CargoWise One application or Microsoft SQL Server
- College Degree or equivalent work experience in an IT or direct end user support role
- 2+ years support of business applications for an order entry, invoicing, manufacturing, procurement, freight forwarding, or warehouse management application
- Strong customer service aptitude and demeanor
- Ability to use analytical and decision-making skills to offer options and resolve issues
- Deep understanding of business application concepts and terminology
- Proficient with typical tools-of-the-trade in end user support such as Office 365 or equivalent
- Proficient with collaboration, task management and help-desk tools such as Teams, Skype-for-Business, FreshService, SmartSheet, etc.
- Proficiency with SQL preferred (Microsoft SQL Server based reporting)
- Knowledge in system administration, logistics business and/or experience with CargoWise One preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows and development tools, such as SQL Server, Visual Studio, etc.
- Experience supporting a Database or in Systems Administration
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative. We offer an exciting work environment focused on growth and employee development. OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
OIA Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.