Business Applications Support Analyst
Engineering | Portland, OR | Full Time
OIA Global Logistics is a world-class provider of reliable, secure and efficient logistics services and supply chain solutions. Our knowledge base, solution design experience and installed infrastructure gives our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets.
To support our growth, we are hiring an experienced Business Applications Support Analyst with strong customer service, analytical and decision-making skills to provide user support and system administration of our Global Freight/Transportation/Warehouse management systems. Working with our Global IT and stakeholder groups, the BASA will provide end user assistance in using applications, resolving system issues and implementing minor system enhancements. The BASA reports to our Manager of Applications - Freight Forwarding and will be located at either our Portland headquarters, or at one of our European offices (London, Prague, Budapest).
What You’ll Be Doing
In this role, you’ll respond to and resolve application issues reported by end users through our ticketing system, add/remove users and update administrative and security permissions. You’ll support our application by working with our Business Systems Analyst and application vendors to resolve reported issues. Additionally, you’ll create and modify reports, ad hoc queries, and analysis in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), as well as identify issue patterns and facilitate root cause analysis and resolution. You’ll perform application administration, system monitoring, integration mapping, and reporting, and assist the IT Business Systems Analyst with implementing new functionality, perform maintenance projects, and research new issues as they arise. Last but not least, you’ll support our helpdesk, solving queries via telephone and in person, escalating issues appropriately, logging incidents, etc.
What We Must Have:
- 2+ years’ experience supporting business applications as a 2nd tier support analyst for an order entry, logistics, freight forwarding, or warehouse management application.
- Experience using CargoWise One freight forwarding system.
- Proficient with collaboration, task management and help-desk tools (i.e., Teams, Skype-for-Business, FreshService, SmartSheet, etc.).
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Proficient in writing SQL queries to modify existing reports or create new ones.
- Familiar with Windows and development tools (BusineSQL Server, Visual Studio, etc.).
- Experience providing database, sysadmin, and/or logistics business support.
Working at OIA Global Logistics
Our Portland headquarters is located downtown along the South Waterfront, within walking distance to public transportation. In addition to a great work-life balance and a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package, we offer company paid parking (or Trimet pass) and a stipend for your smartphone and mobile plan.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for OIA, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We are moving quickly, so expect to receive a response from our recruiter within 24 hours of your application. Thanks!
Please, no H1B.