Break Bulk & Entry Writer
Operations | Valley Stream, NY | Full Time
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown into a $1 billion supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions. With over 1,200 professionals in 64 owned offices and a worldwide presence in 28 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that optimize supply chains around the world. OIA is privately owned by Indianapolis-based LDI, Ltd., with more than a century of experience funding and operating high potential, middle-market companies.
American Cargo Express, an OIA Global company, is looking for an Entry Writer to join their Imports team. Primary duty is to process customs declarations, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Duties will include tracking of freight, review of documents, preparation and submission of customs declarations, milestone updates, selecting transportation companies to use for delivery and invoice processing. The Entry writer performs all duties correctly and in compliance with all government regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis and HTSUS classification of import commodities for customs clearance purposes
- Exercising due diligence as relates to compliance with customs and other federal and state government regulations for clearance of import shipments
- Data input of import and customs related information to Interfacing with customers as relates to the customs clearance process and related customer service issues.
- Analysis/problem solving as relates to data transmissions and customs data response
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties
- Process data through the Company’s system, and obtain other government agency releases as appropriate
- Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/arrival/delivery of freight; enter milestone data
- Interfacing with various departments of customs, PGA’s, airlines, steamship lines, co-loader's agents, truck lines, and warehouses.
- Analysis and troubleshooting as required Interfacing with OIA ocean and air import departments in relation to shipments
- Document procurement, customs clearance and billing purposes
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience in customs brokerage department
- A high level of energy and a "can-do" positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in HTS classification and CBP regulations
- Knowledge of ISF 10+2, Lacey Act, CSPC, PGA’s
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Familiarity with CargoWise’s Enterprise system a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative. We offer an exciting work environment focused on growth and employee development. OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
OIA Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.