Break Bulk Agent
Operations | Portland, OR | Full Time
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown into a $1 billion supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions. With over 1,200 professionals in 64 owned offices and a worldwide presence in 28 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that optimize supply chains around the world. OIA is privately owned by Indianapolis-based LDI, Ltd., with more than a century of experience funding and operating high potential, middle-market companies.
The Break Bulk Agent’s primary duty is to review and process import transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Duties will include preparation of freight quotes, tracking of freight and invoice processing. The Breakbulk Agent performs all duties correctly and in compliance with all government regulations. This position reports to the Portland Branch Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties
- Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/arrival/delivery of freight; enter milestone data
- Process data through the Company’s system, and obtain bank releases and other government agency releases as appropriate
- Process arrival notices for incoming shipments
- Work and communicate with customs brokers and logistics providers to resolve any potential issues/delays
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, and selecting transportation companies to use
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience in the freight forwarding industry or logistics field
- A high level of energy and a "can-do" positive attitude
- Detail orientation and strong ability to multi-task while maintaining superior quality results
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with CargoWise Enterprise system a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative. We offer an exciting work environment focused on growth and employee development. OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
OIA Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.