Air Export Agent
Operations | Valley Stream, NY | Full Time
Since its founding in 1988, OIA has grown into a $1 billion supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions. With over 1,200 professionals in 64 owned offices and a worldwide presence in 28 countries, OIA designs innovative solutions that optimize supply chains around the world. OIA is privately owned by Indianapolis-based LDI, Ltd., with more than a century of experience funding and operating high potential, middle-market companies.
The Air Export Agent's primary duty is to review and process air export transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Duties will include preparation of freight quotes, tracking of freight and invoice processing. The Export Agent performs all duties correctly and in compliance with all government export/transportation regulations. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AD RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties
- Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex export transactions for client(s), including booking, documentation and billing
- Process data through the Company’s system, and submit shipment information to various government agencies as required
- Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments
- Process bills of lading for outgoing shipments
- Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/delivery of freight; enter milestone data
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Air Transport Association and, Code of Federal Regulations
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, and selecting transportation companies to use
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience in the freight forwarding industry or logistics field
- A high level of energy and a "can-do" positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Familiarity with Cargowise’s Enterprise system a plus
OIA Global Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative, with a healthy work/life balance. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.