Test Automation Lead Engineer
Engineering | Beavercreek, OH | Full Time
Oculii is developing high resolution imaging radar software to enable the next generation of autonomous systems. Traditional phased array radars have been used for decades and follow a strict size for performance tradeoff - the larger the sensor aperture, the higher the angular resolution. Oculii’s Virtual Aperture Imaging radar software technology fundamentally breaks this tradeoff - enabling its sensors to trade increased compute/processing for angular resolution enhancement with the same physical aperture. Leveraging this technique enables Oculii sensors to extract unprecedented accuracy, range, and 4D positioning information from commodity off the shelf low-cost radar elements, bringing high resolution radar imaging to the next frontier.
Test Automation Lead Engineer
You will work closely with the design team on sensor integration and verification; and manufacturing functional validation of new automotive and industrial sensor products at the board, unit and system levels. The position requires active participation in the product development process to ensure that both product and test solutions meet quality standards.
The Oculii team is a fast moving group of engineers, designers, and research scientists tasked with building the foundations for high resolution sensors for autonomous systems. We are focused on making autonomous systems accessible to millions of people through improved perception, and its scope continues to grow and evolve.
- Work with internal customers to analyze, understand, and document their automation requirements
- Develop product integration and verification solutions including hardware, software, and instrumentation
- Participate in building and upgrading a reusable test platform
- Build and upgrade product specific test solutions
- Perform design verification testing at unit and system levels
- Assist and train engineers and technicians in using automated test solutions
- Troubleshoot product and test equipment, propose and (where applicable) implement fixes
- Develop and conduct internal training for the automated test stations
- Participate in technical meetings and project reviews
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be self-motivated with strong attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrable knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation and a minimum of 3 years of hands-on use and programming experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge on using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, waveform generators, and spectrum analyzes
- Good working knowledge of automotive communication systems including CAN
- RF or radar experience is not required but is considered a plus due to the nature of our sensor
- Experience with radar hardware design and implementation a plus
- CLAD or higher certification
- Experience with NI Test Stand
- Familiarity with equipment calibration practices
- Understanding of RF principles
- Competitive Pay and Options Package
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people!
- Lunch and snacks provided daily