Test Automation Lead Engineer
Engineering | Beavercreek, OH | Full Time
Oculii is an advanced radar sensor developer specializing in 3D radar design and fusion. 3D sensors have traditionally been the domain of high power, expensive military grade radar or laser systems. Backed by top-tier Silicon Valley angel investors and VCs - we've turned this paradigm on its head, leveraging advanced sensor fusion techniques to manufacture smarter, high precision sensors and systems. Our technology allows us to extract unprecedented accuracy, range, and 3D positioning information from commodity off the shelf low-cost radar elements. Come help us build the future of radar sensing technology!
Our work emphasizes RF sensing, signal processing, target feature exploitation, and prototype system development for complicated operating environments. Challenging problems are analyzed in a comprehensive manner taking into account underlying physics, experimental data, and system operating concepts. The group synergistically combines hardware know-how with digital signal processing to enable new radar and intelligence data collection capabilities. Our technologies move beyond classical radar signal detection and imaging to exploit target features and data fusion from multiple sensor modes as well as multiple sensor platforms, thereby enhancing detection and tracking in challenging environments.
Test Automation Lead Engineer
You will work closely with the design team on sensor integration and verification; and manufacturing functional validation of new automotive and industrial sensor products at the board, unit and system levels. The position requires active participation in the product development process to ensure that both product and test solutions meet quality standards.
The Oculii team is a fast moving group of engineers, designers, and research scientists tasked with building the foundations for high resolution sensors for autonomous systems. We are focused on making autonomous systems accessible to millions of people through improved perception, and its scope continues to grow and evolve.
- Work with internal customers to analyze, understand, and document their automation requirements
- Develop product integration and verification solutions including hardware, software, and instrumentation
- Participate in building and upgrading a reusable test platform
- Build and upgrade product specific test solutions
- Perform design verification testing at unit and system levels
- Assist and train engineers and technicians in using automated test solutions
- Troubleshoot product and test equipment, propose and (where applicable) implement fixes
- Develop and conduct internal training for the automated test stations
- Participate in technical meetings and project reviews
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be self-motivated with strong attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrable knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation and a minimum of 3 years of hands-on use and programming experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge on using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, waveform generators, and spectrum analyzes
- Good working knowledge of automotive communication systems including CAN
- RF or radar experience is not required but is considered a plus due to the nature of our sensor
- Experience with radar hardware design and implementation a plus
- CLAD or higher certification
- Experience with NI Test Stand
- Familiarity with equipment calibration practices
- Understanding of RF principles