Senior RF Design Engineer
Engineering | Beavercreek, OH | Full Time
Oculii is developing high resolution imaging radar software to enable the next generation of autonomous systems. Traditional phased array radars have been used for decades and follow a strict size for performance tradeoff - the larger the sensor aperture, the higher the angular resolution. Oculii's Virtual Aperture Imaging radar software technology fundamentally breaks this tradeoff - enabling its sensors to trade increased compute/processing for angular resolution enhancement with the same physical aperture. Leveraging this technique enables Oculii sensors to extract unprecedented accuracy, range, and 4D positioning information from commodity off the shelf low-cost radar elements, bringing high resolution radar imaging to the next frontier.
The Senior RF Designer will be a key contributor to the evolution of Oculii's 4D radar technology. They will work with Oculii's core technology team to drive the miniaturization of Oculii radar front-end modules and signal conditioning systems into integrated circuits. The ideal candidate will have excellent fundamentals and understand the pros and cons mechanics behind how RF circuits work, as well as possess the creativity to use standard components in nontraditional and very innovative ways. The candidate will also have a deep understanding of different RF technologies (FD-SOI, GaAs and RF CMOS) and the design flow from concept through production.
- Drive the development of Oculii's core technology in an integrated form
- Participate in systems design / functional requirements and specifications for new RF elements (including transceivers) as related to Oculii's core technology
- Perform/Oversee testing on new designs to ensure requirements such as gain, noise figure, 1db compression point, distortion limits, and impedance matching are met
- Design/implement novel analog circuits for applications like filtering
- Work with software and core technology teams to specify and design control interfaces
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on design of complex high frequency Microwave RFIC systems (ideally transceivers) including many sub-circuits
- Understanding of transceiver requirements in FMCW, FSK radars at 24GHz and 77GHz
- Experience using different technologies (CMOS, SiGe, SOI, and/or GaAs, etc.)
- Comfortable in ADS, Cadence, and other packages for RFIC design & layout
- Comfortable with lab equipment and setting up tests using signal analyzers, generators, VNAs, etc.
- Prior experience leading and managing a team of engineers
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
- Experience with multi-chip modules and passives integration
- Experience with board level design and layout
- Competitive Pay and Options Package
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people!
- Lunch and snacks provided daily