RF Design Engineer
Engineering | Beavercreek, OH | Full Time
The RF Designer will be a key contributor to the evolution of Oculii’s 3D radar technology. They will work with Oculii’s core technology team to drive the miniaturization of Oculii radar front-end modules and signal conditioning systems into integrated circuits. The ideal candidate will have excellent fundamentals and understand the pros and cons mechanics behind how RF circuits work, as well as possess the creativity to use standard components in nontraditional and very innovative ways. The candidate will also have a deep understanding of different RF technologies (FD-SOI, GaAs and RF CMOS) and the design flow from concept through production.
- Drive the development of Oculii’s core technology in an integrated form
- Participate in systems design / functional requirements and specifications for new RF elements (including transceivers) as related to Oculii’s core technology
- Perform/Oversee testing on new designs to ensure requirements such as gain, noise figure, 1db compression point, distortion limits, and impedance matching are met
- Design/implement novel analog circuits for applications like filtering
- Work with software and core technology teams to specify and design control interfaces
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on design of complex high frequency Microwave RFIC systems (ideally transceivers) including many sub-circuits
- Understanding of transceiver requirements in FMCW, FSK radars at 24GHz and 77GHz
- Experience using different technologies (CMOS, SiGe, SOI, and/or GaAs, etc.)
- Comfortable in ADS, Cadence, and other packages for RFIC design & layout
- Comfortable with lab equipment and setting up tests using signal analyzers, generators, VNAs, etc.
- Experience with multi-chip modules and passives integration
- Experience with board level design and layout
- Competitive Pay and Options Package
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people!