Radar DSP Engineer
Engineering | Beavercreek, OH | Full Time
Oculii is developing high resolution imaging radar software to enable the next generation of autonomous systems. Traditional phased array radars have been used for decades and follow a strict size for performance tradeoff - the larger the sensor aperture, the higher the angular resolution. Oculii’s Virtual Aperture Imaging radar software technology fundamentally breaks this tradeoff - enabling its sensors to trade increased compute/processing for angular resolution enhancement with the same physical aperture. Leveraging this technique enables Oculii sensors to extract unprecedented accuracy, range, and 4D positioning information from commodity off the shelf low-cost radar elements, bringing high resolution radar imaging to the next frontier.
Radar DSP (C++) Engineer
The Radar Signal Processing Engineer will be a key contributor to the evolution of Oculii’s Virtual Aperture Imaging radar technology and will work with Oculii’s RF hardware and systems/software teams to drive the production of world-class leading edge radars. This position will develop and implement advanced signal/image processing algorithms and sensor fusion techniques for MIMO radar, digital beamforming, distributed multi-static and multi-dynamic radar systems, target imaging and feature aided video tracking. The work will heavily involve algorithm development in MATLAB as well as implementation, testing, and verification of embedded system drivers and algorithms in C/C++.
- Develop and implement robust signal/image processing algorithms in C/C++ on real time hardware. Signal processing technologies include target detection and estimation, target tracking, array signal processing, waveform optimization, MIMO radar signal processing, image processing, sensor fusion and video tracking.
- Design bit-level accurate models and test vectors for algorithms in C/C++
- Practice well documented modular code development and develop reliable software framework for automated analysis, testing and verification.
- Act as the key interface for the implementation team to the algorithms and systems team to develop novel cutting edge radar algorithms and signal processing techniques
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
- Demonstrated software engineering skills and proficiency/experience in C++ and embedded programming languages for real time production systems
- Comprehensive knowledge in one or more of the following areas: radar signal processing, digital signal processing, image processing, radar systems, remote sensing, radiation detection, or automated software development.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Experience working in a team environment that includes scientists, engineers, and computer scientists.
- Significant experience in the design and development of automated signal and image processing software.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Advanced signal processing expertise in the areas of inverse problems, estimation, forward fitting, and reconstruction.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including project planning and presentation.
- Competitive Pay and Options Package
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people!
- Lunch and snacks provided daily