Hardware FPGA Engineer
Engineering | Beavercreek, OH | Full Time
Hardware FPGA Engineer
Oculii is an advanced radar sensor developer specializing in 3D radar design and fusion. 3D sensors have traditionally been the domain of high power, expensive military grade radar or laser systems. Backed by top-tier Silicon Valley angel investors and VCs - we've turned this paradigm on its head, leveraging advanced sensor fusion techniques to manufacture smarter, high precision sensors and systems. Our technology allows us to extract unprecedented accuracy, range, and 3D positioning information from commodity off the shelf low-cost radar elements. Come help us build the future of radar sensing technology!
On this team you will build high-speed, low-latency video data processing hardware prototypes. The prototypes have a lot of programmable parts: FPGAs, microcontrollers, soft core processors (e.g. MicroBlaze). You will be responsible for programming those parts, both FPGAs (VHDL, Verilog, etc.) and firmware (C, C++), while collaborating closely with project electrical and firmware engineers on designs from architecture selection through final debug.
- Work with architects, PCB engineers, and software team to develop FPGA-based video processing pipeline.
- Specify, implement, simulate, and test radar processing systems in FPGAs.
- Work with and manage multiple vendors and partners to integrate IP blocks and other custom Verilog/VHDL blocks into our system.
- Write embedded microprocessor code for display system control.
- Test and debug implementations on hardware in the lab.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of professional experience designing FPGA-based systems
- Experience in Xilinx, FPGA tools, and Verilog or VHDL
- Experience with C programming to write microcontroller firmware
- MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience interfacing FPGAs with high speed video interfaces (MIPI CSI/DSI/D-Phy/C-Phy, DisplayPort, HDMI, etc.) and other interfaces (SPI, I2C, PCIe, UART).
- Experience with 5 Gbps or more digital communications serializer/deserializer, interfaces and related algorithms
- Experience with FPGA interfaces to DRAM (DDR3, DDR4).
- Experience with MicroBlaze soft processor cores.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and use basic hardware debugging tools (oscilloscopes, etc.).