Digital Hardware Engineer/Architect
Engineering | Beavercreek, OH | Full Time
Oculii is an advanced radar sensor developer specializing in 3D radar design and fusion. 3D sensors have traditionally been the domain of high power, expensive military grade radar or laser systems. Backed by top-tier Silicon Valley angel investors and VCs - we've turned this paradigm on its head, leveraging advanced sensor fusion techniques to manufacture smarter, high precision sensors and systems. Our technology allows us to extract unprecedented accuracy, range, and 3D positioning information from commodity off the shelf low-cost radar elements. Come help us build the future of radar sensing technology!
Our work emphasizes RF sensing, signal processing, target feature exploitation, and prototype system development for complicated operating environments. Challenging problems are analyzed in a comprehensive manner taking into account underlying physics, experimental data, and system operating concepts. The group synergistically combines hardware know-how with digital signal processing to enable new radar and intelligence data collection capabilities. Our technologies move beyond classical radar signal detection and imaging to exploit target features and data fusion from multiple sensor modes as well as multiple sensor platforms, thereby enhancing detection and tracking in challenging environments.
Sr. Digital Hardware Engineer/Architect
The Digital Hardware Engineer/Architect is responsible for the development of embedded circuits for a suite of radar sensor products. The Digital Hardware Engineer/Architect will be the lead designer responsible for designing the digital board which will include DACs, ADCs, SPI peripherals, memory interfaces, DSP’s, ARM Cores, Power Supplies, and high speed serial interfaces (USB). The Digital Hardware Engineer/Architect will be the main interface working with and managing suppliers/manufacturing partners, and ideally should have experience in designing high volume products and dealing with contract manufacturers. Must be a continuous learner with a strong dose of curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Component Selection and Schematic Capture
- Managing PCB Layout Design
- Prototype bring-up and debugging
- Functional verification
- Signal characterization
- Hardware bug tracking
- Ensure that designed modules meet specifications and interface correctly with the rest of the system
- Design process optimization
- Working with and managing suppliers/manufacturing partners
- Manufacturing bring up and support
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of hardware design experience
- Must have hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support.
- Experience designing high volume products and dealing with contract manufacturers
- Experience in Analog Design, Sensor Design, High Speed Serial Interfaces (USB, PCIE, SATA), Parallel memory interfaces (DDR3/GDDR5), Power Management, TI DSP chipsets
- Experience with radar hardware design and implementation a plus
- Fluency in C/C++ and able to design, test, and verify systems a plus