SEO | Portland, OR | Full Time
Obility is looking for a SEO Manager to join our fast-growing team of B2B marketing experts. This individual will work directly with a variety of clients to manage SEO strategy, consult and drive improvements in search traffic and conversions. They are the lead day-to-day subject matter expert (SME) for their assigned B2B clients, providing strategic recommendations, analysis, and reporting as well as responding to ad-hoc requests. With a sharp eye on B2B industry trends and a strong understanding of client goals and objectives, the SEO Manager is constantly improving on performance metrics; driving qualified traffic, marketing qualified leads and increasing sales opportunities. The SEO Manager will report directly to the Director of Inbound Marketing, and will work with a team of Account Managers, SEO Managers and PPC Managers to drive client results.
This individual has a solid understanding of SEO basics with about 2+ years' experience in SEO, and is passionate about technology. Their excellent communication and B2B consulting skill lead our clients to rely upon them for strategic direction and guidance. With the professional judgement that comes from years of experience, and their familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies, the SEO Manager is a key resource for the Inbound Marketing team. As client-load and experience increases, this individual has the opportunity for promotions and to manage their own Account Coordinator.
Key Results Areas:
- Increase SEO results year over year for your clients and build SEO strategies, with the help of Director of Inbound Marketing
- Proactively guide clients and manage their internal resources to get action items completed
- Excellent presentation and client communication skills
- Professional development, including reaching training and growth goals
- Positive client feedback scores from our semi-annual client survey
- Positive team-member that works well with others, as evidenced by team 360 review feedback
- Maintain deliverable quality for clients, ensuring deliverables are free of errors and on strategy
- Creating and presenting client SEO strategies, including keyword research, on-site technical and content recommendations, in addition to off-site analysis
- Driving client SEO programs by managing their SEO roadmap and identifying proactive SEO initiatives
- Working with client contacts and web and content teams, guiding them to ensure they execute your action items
- Working with Obility Account Managers and the Obility PPC team to ensure SEO is integrated into client overall marketing programs
- Education/presentations to client contacts and client internal teams
- Develop and review monthly and ad hoc client reporting that illustrates performance and progress made, with highlighted next steps and appropriate action plans based on analysis. Use tools such as Moz, Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics to obtain relevant metrics and data for reporting.
- Maintain good communication with clients and articulate current performance (& reasons behind performance) to both the client & upper management
- Stay up to date on industry news and B2B news, and contributing to internal SEO team meetings
- 2+ years in an SEO role, or one closely related
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to present effectively and persuasively to both internal and external audiences
- Great attention to detail with a track record of strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple clients/assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working well in teams
- SEO technical audit expertise
- Experience working with Excel and SEO reporting
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint
- Experience working at an agency
- Understanding of and experience with analytics platforms like Google Analytics
- Coding experience or past classes
- Understanding of and experience with marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua) and/or CRM systems (Salesforce, MS Dynamics)
- Past work with notable B2B clients, and an understanding of the B2B sales funnel.
- Advanced Excel skills including VLOOKUP and creating large reports
Obility is a top 100 fastest growing business and is an online marketing company focused on helping B2B companies drive sales pipeline and increase revenue. Obility's services include Demand Generation (PPC, retargeting, display, social advertising, and media buying) and Inbound Marketing (SEO, content creation, and link building).
If you’re looking to be part of an exciting, growing company that cares about the quality of its work and its team, we’d love for you to join us. We’re all about doing the best work possible, working with the best talent, efficiency, having fun and work-life balance. We’re a start-up agency that’s growing fast.
Benefits include flexible hours (in addition to 50 work-from-home days), extended PTO (15 in your first year), medical & dental insurance, a health savings account, retirement account with company match and more.