Social Media Coordinator
Operations | Westwood, CA | Full Time
Social Media Coordinator for startup
West Los Angeles, CA
The Social Media Coordinator leverages various platforms in order to help engage with potential and existing customers. The Social Media Coordinator will help strategize and execute social media plan. This will involve the process of identifying outlets, collaborating with our copywriters to message appropriately, and creating/tracking analytics for reporting. This individual will be highly knowledgeable of currently technologies trends and platforms, as well as possessing functional knowledge of common advertising and marketing principals.
Responsibilities / Duties:
· Social Media Coordinator to be responsible for designing and implementing social media strategies, products and tools
· Coordinator will work directly with advertising and media marketing departments on effective use of social tools to promote our products, content and services
· Drive the company's ongoing efforts to integrate social and news media as a key component of our user services
· Drive engagement of our brand with our social community, including customers, prospects, and thought leaders daily via our social media properties.
· Impeccable communication skills, very high attention to detail, and great decision-making abilities are skills you will draw on every day to tackle this high-energy, high-visibility position.
· Write, publish and maintain current content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other corporate social media properties with the aim of engaging our audience
· Maintain social media content calendar. Meet with various stakeholders to collect content for calendar.
· Monitor social properties for response opportunities
· Moderate user generated posts and replies
· Respond to comments and replies quickly with poise and tact
· Translate marketing and PR content into highly engaging, social-friendly content
· Track effectiveness of individual posts and tweets
· Interpret insights and community conversations into actionable recommendations
· Influencer monitoring and engagement
· Must have at least two years’ experience working with social media tools and techniques
· Must have exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and a social personality by nature
· Strong ability for presentation skills (speaking and visual design) required
· Previous marketing, editorial, and/or PR experience
· Proven ability to create and execute online social media campaigns
· Leadership experience with strategic planning and marketing of successful online communities
· Proven track record for managing online communities and creating positive and successful community engagements
· Expertise publishing or participating on blogs, social news, video/photo sharing, social networking applications with a strong personal online reputation
· Strong results-driven project management experience plus proven public relations skills Detail-oriented, high attention to fact checking and accurate dissemination of information
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
· BA degree in Journalism, Communication, Marketing Public Relations or related field preferred
· Experience with monitoring, engagement, and analytics platforms a plus (e.g. Hootsuite, radian6, Facebook Insights, Twitalyzer, PageLever, etc.)
Please apply with resume and salary request.