Supportive Housing Case Manager
Direct Services | Lathrup Village, MI | Full Time
For over 30 years, South Oakland Shelter (SOS) has been at the forefront of addressing the myriad needs of homeless and displaced persons throughout Oakland County. SOS implements housing-first programming, successfully operates a rotating emergency shelter, and provides various supportive services that move people from homelessness to long-term stability. Our mission is to end homelessness by mobilizing interfaith and community resources.
South Oakland Shelter is seeking a Supportive Housing Case Manager to work with formerly homeless individuals and families placed in SOS's permanent supportive housing program, to seek and secure longer-term housing solutions and increase their overall self-sufficiency.
- Provide intensive case management to clients participating in SOS's permanent supportive housing program
- Provide clients with ongoing information and referrals
- Conduct case management meetings in clients' homes and within their communities
- Track case management activities and client outcomes in an online database (Homelessness Management Information System- HMIS) as well as in an internal tracking tool
- Complete client entries, exits, and self-sufficiency matrices via HMIS
- Maintain a caseload of 20-30 clients
- Coordinate workshops on budgeting, financial literacy, and career counseling, and related topics to meet client needs
- Perform asset/need assessments and develop an Individual Service Plan to map out goals
- Complete live case notes
- Assist clients in applying for and obtaining mainstream benefits
- Assist clients in applying for Section 8 and the Homeless Preference Voucher program
- Assist in identifying and enrolling new participants when vacancies occur
- Foster inter-agency collaborative solutions to help clients attain long-term stability
- Ensure the proper maintenance of client files and records
- Provide time-sensitive activity reports, and collect data to support the measurement of program outcomes
- Assist with front-desk operations, answering phones, and crisis calls as needed
- Bachelor's degree required; 1-2 years experience in human services preferred
- Excellent organizational, time-management, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to be self-regulating and work independently while meeting deadlines and coordinating with other staff
- An appetite for innovation and creative problem-solving
- Flexibility and the capacity to prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work with a challenging and diverse population
- Some knowledge of the social services landscape in Oakland County and surrounding areas
- An understanding of the social constructs that impact those struggling with homelessness and economic instability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with HMIS, and Google Apps preferred
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. South Oakland Shelter is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any qualified individual based on race, creed, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume online via JobScore.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
No phone or e-mail inquiries, please.