Part-Time Follow-Up Care Case Manager
Direct Services | Lathrup Village, MI | Part Time
South Oakland Shelter (SOS) implements housing-first programming, operates a rotating emergency shelter, provides various supportive services that move people from homelessness to long-term stability, and adocates for more affordable housing in Oakland County. This combination of programs is used to carry out our mission of building communities that end homelessness.
SOS is seeking a part-time Follow-up Care Case Manager to work with formerly homeless individuals and families to help sustain their housing and increase their level of self-sufficiency. Compensation starts at $12 per hour.
- Maintain a caseload of 25-35 clients
- Provide ongoing case management services for SOS clients who secure housing
- Provide intensive, ongoing in-home case management support and services to assist Follow-up Care clients in reaching their goals. Conduct at least monthly case management meetings in clients' homes and within their communities.
- Maintain approval to transport clients in your personal vehicle as needed.
- Complete timely program entries, exits, and case notes using the Homelessness Management Information System (HMIS)
- Track case management activities and client outcomes in HMIS as well as in an internal tracking-log
- Enter data in real-time when possible, and at least withing 48 hours
- Perform assets/need assessments and develop Housing Plans and Safety Plans
- Assist clients in applying for and obtaining mainstream benefits including MDHHS and Section 8
- Foster inter-agency collaborative solutions to coordiante effective referrlas and attend community meetings
- Ensure the proper maintenance of client files and records
- Collect data to support the measurement of program outcomes
- Assist with front-desk operations, answering phones, and crisis calls as needed
- Bachelor's degree required; 1-2 years experience in human services preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent organizational, time-management, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to self-regulate and work independently while coordinating with other staff
- An appetite for innovation and creative problem-solving
- Flexibility and the capacity to prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work with a challenging and diverse population
- Some knowledge of the social services landscape in Oakland County and surrounding areas
- An understanding of the social constructs impacting those experiencing economic instability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with HMIS and Google Apps preferred
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. South Oakland Shelter is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any qualified individual based on race, creed, religion, national origin, color, status as a veteran, gender or gender identity, sex, age, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, disability, income, weight, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume online via JobScore.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
No phone or e-mail inquiries, please.