Administration | Lathrup Village, MI | Full Time
About South Oakland Shelter:
Since 1985, South Oakland Shelter (SOS) has been at the forefront of addressing the myriad needs of homeless and displaced persons throughout Metro Detroit. SOS implements housing-first programming, operates an emergency shelter, and provides various supportive services that move people from homelessness to long-term stability. SOS also develops and operates affordable and supportive housing, and administers HandUp for 100+ homeless service agencies and their clients across the United States.
We build communities that end homelessness.
SOS is seeking a highly-motivated and organized full-time Executive Assistant to support our CEO and leadership team.
Provide general clerical assistance for the CEO and staff leadership team
Support the CEO in fielding and organizing correspondence; scheduling of internal and external meetings; document preparation and file keeping; and other general administrative assistance
Assist the Chief Operating Officer with the preparation of proposal packets, grant reporting, and maintenance of organizational documents
Assist the Chief Development Officer's team with the preparation of mailings, thank you notes, press releases, web and online media updates, and other communications, as well as some event support and gift processing as needed
Support staff leadership team in the preparation of project plans, progress reports, and meeting minutes to support board, staff, and committee efforts
Data management for reporting and analysis in the areas of resource development, volunteerism, and programs
Help the Chief Development Officer and development team in maintaining the donor and prospect database, capturing contacts and tracking communications, and in preparing development projections and performance measurement reports
Support the Chief Operating Officer in compiling programmatic data, and in preparing performance reports
Assist in compiling agency-wide data, and preparing consolidated reports for the Board of Directors, board committees, and other community stakeholders
Provide general administrative support for other agency staff and key volunteers, as assigned by CEO, including but not limited to:
- Front desk shifts, including rotating Saturdays, greeting clients, donors, and volunteers
- Perform brief, over the phone crisis resolution interventions with community members seeking shelter, referring them to appropriate staff
- Provide over the phone shelter and housing referrals to callers when SOS is at capacity
- Keep track of all calls for shelter in SOS’s tracking system
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three or more years of office or clerical experience, preferably in a non-profit context
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, and excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
- An appetite for innovation and creative problem-solving
- Must be able to perform all basic clerical functions including: word processing, use of office copy/fax equipment, filing, formatting and composing correspondence, minutes, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; additional experience with Google Apps and web-based business software preferred
- Must possess and maintain a valid Michigan driver's license
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. South Oakland Shelter is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any qualified individual based on race, creed, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume online via JobScore.
No phone or e-mail inquiries, please.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.