Proposal Writer / Business Development Part-Time
Contracts | Washington, DC | Part Time and Contract
Proposal Writer / Business Development
Federal government contracting experience with the Department of Education or Department of Homeland Security working for management consulting firms highly desirable.
This team member will participate as an active member of capture strategy teams assembled for both task order bids and small to medium contract proposals and RFIs
An ideal candidate is a self-starter, out-of-the-box thinker, and have the ability to operate comfortably in complex and fast-paced environment. Remote candidates with strong qualifications will be considered.
You define yourself as a strategist and tactician who can envision the final product in total, and control resources and process to achieve that vision.
- You organize and manage the proposal team and activities
- You enjoy preparing, producing (writing), and delivering all proposal volumes and other required proposal deliverables, controlling both the process and final product, ensuring that the total process adds value and produces quality conducive to winning proposals
- You assist in the capture and proposal teams in developing themes, identifying discriminators, and developing storyboards
- You’re a guru creating the proposal outline, including page allocation, based on weight of evaluation criteria, and maintaining proposal’s development schedule, design, and quality control functions
- You excel at managing and coordinating efforts of proposal support organizations to include contracts, pricing, subcontracts, operations, proposal resources, to ensure daily proposal management activities, including development of work plans, schedules, and milestones are met
- Coordinate and ensure consistency, concurrency, and accuracy of messages across volumes
- Lead and support the color team reviews to produce quality and actionable feedback
Your writer's and researching abilities will shine here!
Utilizing FBO, Govspending, and our enterprise software, finding opportunities that match our past performance and/or SBA classification's status. As a Researcher & Proposal Writer, you'll oversee the initiation, development, and completion of responses to federal agency and/or commercial. Requests For Information (RFIs) Request For Proposals (RFPs), and develop associated collateral, such as appendices and white papers.
10 years or more managing and leading proposal teams to successful proposal efforts resulting in Government contracts
Bachelor’s degree, preferably within a technical field
Experience managing proposals and RFIs for DHS umbrella agencies or DOE
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal skills
Strong proposal design skills to communicate information with impact
Ability to juggle simultaneous bids at various stages and with various complexities
Ability to manage subcontractors/teaming partners
Ability to multi-task and be confident in leading others through the proposal development process
Winning record with Task Order and small to medium (up to $50M) level proposals
- This position is ideal for a semi-retired or retired government employee that worked in federal government procurement that loves challenges and wants to join a winning IT team
Candidates with lots of experience that wish to work Part Time will be considered.
Nueducation is a privately held company WOSB based in Washington DC currently serving the federal government providing management and consulting services to the Education Sector and Federal Government. More information at www.nueducation.com
Ready to join a winning team? Apply NOW!