Calling ORACLE/MONGODB Engineers! - US Citizen
Software Development | Washington, DC | Full Time and Contract
Calling ORACLE & MONGODB DBAs! 3-5 Years of Experience - US CITIZEN with the ability to obtain PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE
Interested in growing your career? Keep reading: How about a multi-year project at a metro-accessible location in DC leveraging the latest technology while working with bright and innovative professionals like yourself? How about a project in the midst of a very interesting turn to a Microservices architecture leveraging Docker containers on the AWS public cloud? This project has it all and your opportunity for growth with us is endless.
The interesting part:
- Plan and implement Oracle installations, upgrades, migrations
- Perform code database administration activities such as database creation, performance tuning, monitoring, backups/restore/recovery, database cloning
- Maintain UNIX scripts used for database maintenance
- Assist multiple development teams in day to day activities such as data model change push to staging/production and SQL query tuning
- Work with the team to implement database policies, procedures and standards, and ensure their conformance
- Work closely with other members of Application Development and DevOps teams to Identify and implement continuous improvement, new or enhanced measurement reports and effective problem resolution
- Scrum Agile process with bi-weekly sprints (Kanban where appropriate)
Boost your COMPENSATION! Beyond Nueducation’s very competitive compensation structure you will have the opportunity to boost your pay significantly.
About YOU: A great attitude, pride in your product, and good work ethic. Second, we are looking for ORACLE DATABASE/DEVOPS engineers with about 5 years of experience who have passion for what they do, are always looking to widen their skill set and are willing to help others do the same.
IT Professional with a BS degree in computer science and between 3-5 years of DBA experience with Oracle in a DevOps environment.
MongoDB & microservices experience
Experience with RedHat like Linux operating systems
Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, and shell scripting
Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Ruby, Perl and Python
AWS certification and experience with cloud technology such as working with RDS, EC2, S3 storage is a plus
A guru tuning on Oracle database
Knowledge of DevOps tools/technologies such as Chef, Jenkins, Docker is a plus
Experience with NoSQL databases
Ability and desire to learn new technologies in Oracle and DevOps area and work with the team to implement new solutions to improve productivity