Austin Monitor & CoTMF - Executive Director/Publisher
Capital of Texas Media Foundation | Austin, TX | Full Time
The Capital of Texas Media Foundation (CoTMF) is a new model of nonprofit civic institution designed to inform, educate and engage with a wider cross section of Austin metro residents. The 501(c)(3) delivers three critical civic functions: 1) in-depth news coverage of municipal government through the Austin Monitor; 2) innovative community-engagement initiatives through Glasshouse Policy; and 3) a new think tank designed to provide the data and analysis policy makers and citizens need to make informed decisions.
The Executive Director/Publisher is the key management leader of the Austin Monitor and Capital of Texas Media Foundation. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the daily operations, leading effective administration efforts, developing and facilitating programs, community outreach and engagement, and strategic planning and partnerships on behalf of the organization. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and will regularly and accurately communicate with the Board to fulfill the organization’s mission. The ED will develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization, through oversight of all fundraising efforts, community partnerships, subscription management, and the development of additional revenue-generating opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for Board Governance and committee meetings, leading CoTMF in a manner that supports and guides the mission as defined by the Board and communicating with them all information necessary to make informed decisions.
- Create and manage resources to ensure fiscal integrity through the submission of accurate proposed annual budgets and monthly financial statements and forecasts to the Board.
- Manage operating within the approved budget while ensuring maximum resource utilization and creating systems and improving efficiency to enable growth of the organization.
- Administering existing grants and obtaining new grants.
- Work with the Board and staff to fulfill the mission through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Establish, maintain and grow an external presence and strategic relationships suitable to garner new opportunities across all fundraising, partnership and stewardship efforts.
- Establish policies and procedures for all day-to-day operations and management of staff.
- Oversee all marketing and communications efforts, including partnerships, event sponsorships, radio shows, website and email, serving as CoTMF’s primary spokesperson to constituents, the media and the general public.
Who You Are
You are a strong candidate for this position if you have a Bachelor’s degree as well as senior nonprofit management experience including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation. You have hands-on budget preparation and staff management skills. You lead with analytical decision-making capabilities. You enjoy reporting to and collaborating with a Board of Directors. You are a transparent and high-integrity leader. You are able to convey a compelling vision of an organization to various stakeholders. You are a motivator and a strong public speaker who leverages your knowledge of the nonprofit sector to engage with diverse donor and community groups.
What You’ll Get
- Health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- High degree of autonomy, and generous PTO policy
- The Executive Director will have future input on additional benefits structures
We Value Diversity
CoTMF embraces equal opportunity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. With that in mind, we are excited to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates who are representative of the communities we serve. We also strongly encourage candidates to research our company, and ask questions in their initial screening to make sure our values as an employer align with theirs as an employee. And finally, we kindly ask you to ignore your imposter syndrome and apply today if you think this job is a good fit for you!