Regional Clinical Supervisor (City of Atlanta)
Community Based Services | Riverdale, GA | Full Time
POSITION: REGIONAL CLINICAL SUPERVISOR (Fully Licensed)
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY BASE SERVICES
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Clinical Director/COO
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide clinical oversite and administrative supervision for up to 20 regional community clinicians. Teach, Share, model and Instruct direct reports in documenting sound clinical interventions and goal setting. Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and ethical standards at all times. Remains calm under shifting and at times competing priorities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide detail review of service delivery and time management of community clinicians.
- Serve as a community clinician to pending cases as new clinicians are hired.
- First point of contact for community partners in assigned region for the purpose of service delivery effectiveness and accountability of services provided.
- Liaise with community partners to ensure continuity of care for all clients in the assigned region.
- Participate in emergency response to provide crisis intervention and resolution as needed.
- Participate in the quality assurance process as assigned by the clinical director or designee.
- Audit at least three (3) medical records each week per clinician for compliance to ensure standards and quality of care. Assure all criteria is present for Progress Notes, Clinical Assessments, Treatment Plans and billing documentation.
- Conduct weekly individual supervision, staff meetings, individual counseling and coaching/monitoring.
- Provide Team orientation, workshops and training to allow opportunities to gain knowledge of program, staff, and management.
- Provide Corrective Action when appropriate up to and including termination.
- Proactively own and facilitate difficult discussions when needed; consult with HR when additionally support is needed.
- Maintain a Development Plan for staff supervised to include a list of charts reviewed, report of outcomes from the review, documentation that monitoring/coaching occurred, and summary of staff overall knowledge level, ability to meet expectation of program requirement and area where enhancement is needed.
- Conduct record audit within the quality assurance process will be modified to use the key elements of the audit checklist; to ensure that; services and documentation meet standards and guidelines:
- Verify treatment plan and assessment contain all the necessary elements
- Verify physician’s signature or another qualified staff are present on the treatment plan and assessment
- Check treatment plan and assessment to ensure they were done within the required timelines
- Verify progress notes contain interventions related to the treatment plan and diagnoses
- Review notes and billing reports to ensure services are not billed for assessments if the assessment is not completed within the required timeline; that the service has been billed to the appropriate payer source
- Identify trends or patterns which suggest staff non-compliance to standards.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree from an accredited university in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work and two (3) years of relevant experience with the treatment and assessment of population served, 3 years of supervisory experience.
Active Georgia license: LCSW or LPC