Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Technology Services | Toronto, ON, Canada
Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
We are looking for a highly skilled User Experience (UX) Designer who is well versed with the User Centered Design (UCD) methodology to solve complex UI challenges and create engaging experiences. The candidate will be responsible for owning and driving the interface design for the entire solution across various delivery channels (web, mobile, social). We are looking for candidates who have a passion in designing interfaces that people love to use. Must have a knack for turning complex concepts into simple UI implementations. This is a great project for the right UX Designer to add to their portfolio of past successes.
This is a contract position for 2 months, with the possibility of an extension.
- Utilize user centered design (UCD) methodology to implement user experiences
- Develop detailed understanding of consumer needs to tailor meaningful user experiences
- Translate stakeholder goals and objectives into detailed UX specifications
- Finding alignment and balance between user needs and business objectives
- Gather and encourage feedback from stakeholders and delivery teams to promote cross functional team collaboration
- Leverage existing website statistics, demographics, trends and best practices into solutions
- Lead the design and development of UX deliverables, not limited to rapid prototypes, design patterns, wireframes, user interfaces, sketches, flow charts, use-case scenarios, storyboards, interaction diagrams, competitive analysis, user flows, sitemaps, personas, navigation model, information architecture, content inventory and task analysis
- Create elegant and responsive web interfaces that work across multiple platforms
- Establish documentation process for UX hand-offs to delivery team and key stakeholders
- Communication of design ideas with stakeholders and delivery team
- Look for opportunities to leverage new and emerging trends to deliver experience
Work Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years of UX experience in the field of online user experience
- Degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Industrial Design or related HCI discipline or demonstrated proficiency and experience
- Portfolio demonstrating a user-centered approach to user experience design
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-level strategic recommendations on all aspects of the user experience, across various channels (web, mobile, social)
- Demonstrated ability to work within technical and business constraints
- Expert level proficiency with Wireframe toolsets such as Omnigraffle, Axure or others
- Demonstrated working with graphic designers and developers to ensure design feasibility
- Ability to work within a schedule and budget
- Strong problem solving skills, self-starter and able to take initiative
- Organized and great attention to detail
- Know the rules and know when to break them
- Positive attitude, receptive to feedback and changes
- Experience building solutions for eCommerce websites
- Understanding of consumers interactions with websites to make purchasing decisions
Northcloud is a professional services firm providing technology expertise to organizations looking to accelerate business growth through the delivery of innovative technology solutions. We deliver custom technology solutions to marketing, sales, finance, engineering and IT departments to help automate business processes, solve operational challenges and facilitate business growth.
We have applied our technology expertise for a wide range of clients from start-ups to multi-national organizations. Our team of professionals come with proven industry experience to help develop custom client solutions across the enterprise, desktop, web and mobile platforms.
We build what we promise; on time and on budget. Our high percentage of client referrals are a testament of our commitment to our clients.
We are looking for driven and smart ambitious game changers that can make a difference. In return, we will provide you with the opportunity for accelerated career growth and challenging projects.