Senior Outdoor Planner
Media | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 per year
Who we are
We are Noble People. A modern creative media agency. We develop original, bold and provocative media ideas for some of the most exciting brands in the world.
Media ideas that aren’t media.
Media that isn’t freaking boring.
Brand ideas that people love.
We do communications strategy, media planning and buying, and reporting and optimization – but with a lens that respects creativity and without the bullshit that comes along with most media agencies. We are passionate. We have strong values based on integrity and honesty. We find smarter ways to make an impact. We strip out the nonsense and do away with the old rules. We take a modern, transparent, and innovative approach to media – again, always through a creative lens.
The Local Activation and Outdoor Planner leads the agency’s out of home process on a day-to-day basis. Helps planning team to handle out of home activity on specific accounts and manages execution to support effective, innovative, and strategic solutions. Trains and supports media teams (including various Media Planners and Assistant Media Planners) to ensure plans are executed correctly, timelines met and work product exceptional. Helps Media Directors and Group Directors with strategy, outside the box thinking and client relationships. In charge of vendor management and trafficking of creative assets when necessary. Reports directly to the Local Activation Group Director. The ideal candidate has worked in small, nimble environments in both out of home planning and buying, with exposure to a variety of brands and categories.
- Manage day to day OOH planning and buying duties from start to finish (including contracting, buy execution and post campaign analysis). Maintains a vocal, visible role in all major internal and client meetings.
- Work closely with planning teams to ensure all OOH details are provided to clients accurately
- Work closely with planning team to ensure any local activation / OOH ideas are feasible and realistic from a timing, budget, and executional standpoint.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure all buys deliver on planning and clients goals
- Present recommendations to clients
- Lead, manage and train assistant
- Provide POVs and evaluations within the OOH landscape
- Stay on top of industry trends, bringing new and innovative thinking to clients
- Sets a high bar for creativity, strategic rigor, and account management that inspires the team. Produces work that delivers on client goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results.
- Clearly identifies and communicates deliverables in terms of accountability and performance.
- Develops, writes, and assists the team in presenting outdoor media strategy, recommendations and POV’s.
- Constantly seeks and creates creative opportunities to increase visibility/impact.
- Cultivates excellent relations within outdoor vendors and the sales community. Maintains relationships with vendors on an ongoing basis and provides agency with industry updates when applicable.
- Stays abreast of key developments/trends/issues in outdoor landscape (e.g., population, demographic, lifestyle, media usage changes).
- Actively participates in new business pitches
- At least 2-3 years experience as an outdoor specialist
- Strong understanding of the OOH industry and key vendors
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors and clients.
- Ability to write concise, reasoned, and inspired media presentations, and present to clients with confidence.
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationship with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
- Demonstrated strong command of Media Research resources, capabilities and limitations.
- Demonstrated self-confidence (and track record) in championing innovative, bold and game-changing ideas.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights and how to put insights into action.
- Skilled negotiator with a track record of open and fair negotiations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- You don’t mind being in the weeds and getting your hands dirty.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages, and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints, and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice. Our commitment to Equal Opportunity. We are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability, or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience, and perspective. We take care of you.
Noble People offers a generous time-off package of 15 PTO days per annum, Safe & sick days, Personal and Birthday PTO as well as Summer Fridays, Mental Health & Wellness days, and a Sabbatical Program if you are with the agency 7 or more years. We offer a comprehensive healthcare plan for eligible employees and their families which includes Medical with Telehealth/virtual care options, Dental, Vision, 401K, STD, LTD, Life Insurance. Lastly, we allow for a cell phone reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Flexible Spending Account, daily snacks, and much more.
Noble People is a 100% vaccinated office. Employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide a record of full vaccination unless granted a lawfully recognized exemption.