Recruiter and HR Manager
Administration | New York, NY | Full Time
Noble People is on the hunt for someone to help us grow! The Recruiter and HR Manager function is a hybrid role, primarily focused on agency talent recruitment, while also helping to manage some HR needs and our HR management tool, Justworks. This individual will work closely with the CEO, COO, and heads of various departments to always be on the lookout for talent, to find unique and diverse individuals to both help fill current roles and build a talent pool to stay ahead of future needs. This role reports to the COO, but will also work with the Controller to manage necessary paperwork and HR system needs for a variety of employee situations.
Overall, we’re looking for someone with the right energy and outgoing personality to be proactively in the talent market representing the Noble People brand, seeking out the ambitious, creative, and curious talent we so enthusiastically embrace as a company. This means finding new ways to build a talent pool, versus relying solely on traditional recruitment tools and processes.
- Actively leads searches for candidates across social platforms and job recruitment tools. Responsible for recommending and attending recruitment events to find potential future hires. This may mean generating our talent pool through a variety of proactive and creative strategies, which might include attending the right job fairs, conferences, happy hours, coffee shops, or throwing a Noble People event ourselves. Maintains pipeline, always looking for top talent to recruit. This may include meeting with referrals and staying engaged with interested talent for future hiring needs.
- Manages incoming resumes and outside recruiters. Responsible for vetting candidates with initial phone screens and/or meetings to ensure cultural fit and provide a first impression of the agency. Talks to candidates about us as an agency, our role in the market, how they could help us grow.
- Sets up interviews with prospective talent. Works closely with hiring managers throughout the interview process to gather feedback and make hiring recommendations.
- Negotiates freelance rates and full-time salaries with candidates. Responsible for drafting and sending offer letters to all new employees. Handles new hire paperwork, setup employees in Justworks HR system, works with finance and IT to get employee setup for first day.
HR / Justworks management
In addition to this, there are more practical responsibilities as it relates to managing our HR system.
- Onboard new employees into Justworks. Answer questions and serve as a resource for new employees for things like insurance, 401K, PTO, transit, etc.
- Collects and reviews new hire paperwork for 401K and non-medical insurances
- Handles ongoing Justworks management for insurance, PTO, and raises or bonuses. Troubleshoots employee questions and serves as a liaison between agency and Justworks rep
- Work with Controller and COO to run payroll for staff and freelancers in Justworks
- Helps with monthly PTO tracking, entering overtime and pay adjustments into Justworks on an ongoing basis
- At least 2-3 years experience in recruitment or helping in hiring processes
- Passionate about talent, interested in leading the growth and cultivation of internal talent
- Outgoing, strong personal skills, enjoys meeting new people and seeking out potential employees in a variety of ways
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Some travel and after hours and work required.