Performance Media Supervisor
Media | New York, NY | Full Time
Performance Media Supervisor
Noble People is looking for a Performance Media Supervisor, to help manage the day-to-day DR activities across several accounts. This role directs the performance media team’s day-to-day activities on specific client account(s), ensuring execution and quality of media activities that support effective, innovative, and strategic solutions. Supervises, trains and supports Performance Media Planners and Performance Assistant Media Planners, ensuring quality control and that timelines are met for all work products. Reports directly to the GMD/MD.
Performance Leadership, Management and Oversight
- Overseeing development of paid social media strategy, analysis and reporting, collaborating with internal media teams, external creative agencies and clients
- Guide and manage relationships between Noble teams and clients to deliver inspiring, creative paid social media recommendations
- Consult with internal planning teams on the most effective and efficient use of social and programmatic channels (display, native, video, etc) to meet campaign objectives through agency best practice
- Work alongside strategy teams to provide paid media and organic social insights and recommendations to clients
- Manage paid media in social platforms (including Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat and Pinterest). Responsible for working with traffic and media teams to setup campaign, QA and traffic all assets
- Foster strong relationships with platforms to bring opportunities and insights on how social will be evolving to agency
- Work with analytics team to review and report on social data, test various parameters and deliver campaign learnings and optimizations to clients across all campaigns
- Grow paid social practice at Noble People, including training and management of planners and assistants
Team Development & Internal Communication
- Supervises, coaches and supports Media Planners and/or Assistant Media Planners in day-to-day social media activities. Ensures deadlines are met and oversees quality control for all work products, ensuring all errors are caught and corrected.
- Trains and develops Media Planners and/or Assistant Media Planners; interviews and hires, mentors and trains, allocates work, audits work, conduct performance reviews and recommends pay increases.
- Provides media team with unique and interesting paid social perspectives, insights, goals and strategies.
- Communicates effectively with supervising Media Directors, keeping him/her abreast of project status and flagging and elevating concerns.
- Sets a high bar for creativity, strategic rigor, and account management that inspires the team. Produces work that delivers on client goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results.
Client & Account Management
- Manages day-to-day expectations and communications with client. Establishes a true partnership in client’s business by gaining and maintaining a deep understanding of business needs and issues faced. Maintains a vocal, visible role in all major internal and client meetings.
- Participates in developing long-term strategy plans that generate measurable results, with a focus on new and emerging media opportunities to help drive the clients’ and agency’s business. Ascertains client’s needs and key media challenges and recommends effective solutions.
- Maintains thorough, up-to-date knowledge of client’s business (market share, business priorities, key competitor strategies, etc.), monitoring progress and accuracy of all communication plans, assignments and projects.
- Clearly identifies and communicates key media deliverables in terms of accountability and performance.
Media Strategy & Landscape Expertise
- Develops, writes, and assists the team in presenting media recommendations and POV’s.
- Constantly seeks and creates creative opportunities in both media choice and usage to increase visibility/impact; seeks ways to merchandise media team’s work to client.
- Cultivates excellent relations within the social and programmatic media sales community.
- Stays abreast of key developments/trends/issues in social media (e.g., population, demographic, lifestyle, media usage changes).
- Actively participates in new business pitches, as determined by CEO.
- At least 4 year’s experience in paid social management. Experience managing other team members (ie. assistant media planners, or planners) required.
- 2-3 year’s experience working in both API partner UIs (ex. Brand Networks, 4C, Kinetic Social), as well as in Facebook/Instagram, Twitter and other social platforms
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors and clients.
- Ability to write concise, reasoned, and inspired media presentations, and present to clients with confidence.
- Advanced knowledge of Programmatic media is preferable
- Advanced knowledge of Google Campaign Manager (DCM) with the ability to pull data for reporting needs
- Basic Knowledge of Google Analytics is preferable
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationship with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
- Demonstrated strong command of Media Research resources, capabilities and limitations.
- Demonstrated self-confidence (and track record) in championing innovative, bold and game-changing ideas.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to apply critical thinking and analysis in writing.
- Strong math and analytical skills, with a working comprehension of strategy development and required media math.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights and how to put insights into action.
- Skilled negotiator with a track record of open and fair negotiations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some travel and after hours work required.