Performance Media Director
Media | New York, NY | Full Time
The Performance Marketing Director will develop and lead direct response media strategies on current and new client accounts. Individual will ensure delivery of effective, innovative, and strategic solutions that maximize the client’s budget and exceed their goals. Provide expertise, thought leadership, and be a strategic partner on all performance media tactics with the Media Directors, while working closely with the Chief Analytics Office to measure results. This position reports to the Chief Analytics Officer.
- Develop strategy and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns, including but not limited to paid search, paid social, display, programmatic, CRM, and others impacting conversion, acquisition, and engagement/retention.
- Develop and execute measurement strategy, audience targeting strategy, test scenarios and optimizations for all campaigns.
- Work closely with paid search, paid social and media teams to execute integrated campaigns
- Analyze campaign performance, generate performance reports, develop recommendations to optimize campaigns and influence clients to drive results.
- Grow, develop and lead a Performance Marketing Team.
Team Development & Account Oversight
- Provide leadership, coaching and professional development to team.
- Lead the progression and delivery of ongoing projects and requests, such as POVs and competitive analyses.
- Set a high bar for creativity, strategic rigor, and account management that inspires the team.
- Produce work that meets and exceeds client goals.
- Oversee internal/external team communications (with internal team, buyers, outside agencies).
Client Management & Strategic Insight
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships. Establishes a true partnership.
- Develop, write, present media recommendations and POV’s.
- Responsible for campaign execution and reporting.
- Support media team and Chief Analytics Officer long-term strategies, with a focus on new and emerging media opportunities.
- Analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources including syndicated research, proprietary agency research, client data, brand health tracking into powerful communication vehicles.
Media Expertise & Agency Contribution
- Use expertise and people skills to chart a path to achieve client objectives, agency business needs, and the creative ambition of our brand.
- Actively participate in new business pitches, as determined by CEO.
- Current with key developments/trends/issues in media.
- Minimum 6-7 year demonstrated track record providing innovative, bold and game-changing ideas in direct response marketing, online marketing, or growth marketing.
- Superior analytic skills, with the ability to leverage and analyze performance data to identify new opportunities and optimize current campaigns.
- Significant hands on experience in executing digital marketing strategies.
- Expertise in the digital media landscape, including in console experience in ad-tech, mar-tech platforms.
- Knowledge of website metrics and landing page optimization using A/B/multivariate testing tools to drive conversions.
- Proven leadership experience building and leading teams, providing direction, development and empowerment.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights, behavior, and motivations and how to put insights into action.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability to communicate with all levels clients, internally and with vendors.
- Ability to write and present concise, impactful and inspired presentations to clients.
- Entrepreneurial ability to work though ambiguity and lead change.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationship with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
- Skilled negotiator with a track record of open and fair negotiations.
- Some travel and after hours and work required.