Media | New York, NY | Full Time
The Media Supervisor directs the media team’s day-to-day activities on specific client account(s), ensuring execution and quality of media activities that support effective, innovative, and strategic solutions. Supervises, trains and supports Media Planners and Assistant Media Planners, ensuring quality control and that timeliness are met for all work products. Reports directly to the GMD/MD.
Team Development & Internal Communication
- Supervises, coaches and supports Media Planners and/or Assistant Media Planners in day-to-day activities developing and executing media plans. Ensures deadlines are met and oversees quality control for all work products, ensuring all errors are caught and corrected.
- Trains and develops Media Planners and/or Assistant Media Planners; interviews and hires, mentors and trains, allocates work, audits work, conduct performance reviews and recommends pay increases.
- Provides media team with client perspectives, insights, goals and strategies.
- Communicates effectively with supervising GMD and/or MD, keeping him/her abreast of project status and flagging and elevating concerns.
- Sets a high bar for creativity, strategic rigor, and account management that inspires the team. Produces work that delivers on client goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results.
Client & Account Management
- Manages day-to-day expectations and communications with client. Establishes a true partnership in client’s business by gaining and maintaining a deep understanding of business needs and issues faced. Maintains a vocal, visible role in all major internal and client meetings.
- Participates in developing long-term strategy plans that generate measurable results, with a focus on new and emerging media opportunities to help drive the clients’ and agency’s business. Ascertains client’s needs and key media challenges and recommends effective solutions.
- Maintains thorough, up-to-date knowledge of client’s business (market share, business priorities, key competitor strategies, etc.), monitoring progress and accuracy of all communication plans, assignments and projects.
- Clearly identifies and communicates key media deliverables in terms of accountability and performance.
Media Strategy & Landscape Expertise
- Develops, writes, and assists the team in presenting media recommendations and POV’s.
- Constantly seeks and creates creative opportunities in both media choice and usage to increase visibility/impact; seeks ways to merchandise media team’s work to client.
- Cultivates excellent relations within the media sales community.
- Stays abreast of key developments/trends/issues in media (e.g., population, demographic, lifestyle, media usage changes).
- Actively participates in new business pitches, as determined by CEO.
- At least 4 years experience as a Media Planner in a creative media agency. Experience managing other team members (ie. assistant media planners, or planners) required.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors and clients.
- Ability to write concise, reasoned, and inspired media presentations, and present to clients with confidence.
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationship with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
- Demonstrated strong command of Media Research resources, capabilities and limitations.
- Demonstrated self-confidence (and track record) in championing innovative, bold and game-changing ideas.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to apply critical thinking and analysis in writing.
- Strong math and analytical skills, with a working comprehension of strategy development and required media math.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights and how to put insights into action.
- Skilled negotiator with a track record of open and fair negotiations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some travel and after hours and work required.