Media | New York, NY | Full Time
The Media Planner supports in the development of effective, innovative, and strategic solutions and is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and execution of approved media plans. Reports directly to the Media Supervisor.
Account & Client Management
- Produces work that delivers on client goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results. Constantly seeks and creates creative opportunities in both media choice and usage to increase visibility/impact.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of assigned accounts (billing issues, budget revisions, flowchart updating, competitive analyses, post-buy analyses, etc.). Maintains detailed and accurate records. Monitors media agreements and contracts with outside media vendors.
- Contributes to the development and direction of media strategies and POV’s. Conducts media research, brainstorms, evaluates data, and develops points of view. Understands various media and their applications against client strategies and goals.
- Maintains thorough, up-to-date knowledge of client’s business (market share, business priorities, key competitor strategies, etc.).
- Communicates effectively with Media Supervisor, keeping him/her abreast of day-to-day status and flagging and elevating any concerns.
Vendor & Media Evaluation
- Owns communication with both internal (buying teams and specialists) and external resources (publications, websites, etc.), to gather and negotiate costs and plan details. Evaluates partners for their relevance in accomplishing client’s strategic goals.
- Evaluates inventory against audience segments for a range of media vehicles (display, video, mobile, paid social, native) to determine which would most effectively reach target audience.
- Studies demographic data/consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for online advertising.
- Calculates campaign forecast/projected results, reach and frequency of potential media vehicles.
- Stays abreast of key developments/trends/issues in media (e.g., population, demographic, lifestyle, media usage changes).
- Maintains effective relationships with media vendors, ensuring Noble People is represented in a positive way.
Campaign Execution & Maintenance
- Monitors campaign timelines to ensure proper progression of media buys, such as timely issuance and receipt of client authorizations, delivery of paperwork to vendors, specs to creative agencies, delivery of creative assets to vendors, etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicles.
- Using multiple sources of external data, perform campaign analysis directly relevant to, and to assist in, optimizations, planning, and/or buying decisions.
- Implements, traffics, troubleshoots, and analyzes digital campaigns using a third party ad server.
- Monitors media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight-date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Mentors and delegates to Assistant Media Planners on daily tasks in order to grow the Assistant’s knowledge base and expand individual management skills.
- At least 1.5 years experience as a Media Planner in a creative media agency with hands-on digital planning experience including buying, implementation, analytics, and optimization.
- Experience managing an Assistant Media Planner preferred.
- Experience executing and managing buys directly through Facebook and Twitter preferred.
- Working knowledge of ad servers and Google Analytics required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize with multiple projects and clients with different timelines and deliverables.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills required.
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationship with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
- Demonstrated command of Media Research resources, capabilities and limitations.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights and how to put insights into action.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some travel and after hours and work required.