Local Activation Supervisor (OOH)
OOH | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $78,000.00 to $93,000.00 per year
The Local OOH Supervisor leads the agency’s out of home process on a day-to-day basis and manages outdoor media investment (including traditional, non-traditional, and experiential) by negotiating, placing and maintaining all buys across the account list.
The Supervisor manages planning to support effective, innovative, and strategic solutions. Trains and supports junior team members as well as media teams (including various Media Planners and Assistant Media Planners) to ensure plans are executed correctly, timelines are met and work product exceptional. Helps Media Directors and Group Directors with strategy, outside the box thinking and client relationships.
Reports directly to the Local Activation Group Director. The ideal candidate has worked in small, nimble environments in both out of home planning and buying, with exposure to a variety of brands and categories.
- Manage day to day OOH planning and buying duties from start to finish, including briefing, planning, execution and post campaign analysis
- Work closely with planning teams across accounts to ensure all OOH details are provided to clients accurately
- Work closely with comms/strategy team to ensure any local activation / non-traditional ideas are feasible and realistic from a timing, budget, and executional standpoint.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure all buys deliver on planning and clients goals and budgets
- Present recommendations to clients
- Lead, manage and train Assistant Planner/Planner
- Stay on top of industry trends, bringing new and innovative thinking to clients
- 3-5+ yrs OOH Planning/Buying experience
- Strong understanding of the OOH industry, market landscape, and major media partners
- Strong knowledge of OOH measurement/attribution and comfortability in evaluating and recommending a measurement partner
- Strong knowledge of programmatic and pDOOH landscape and trusted partners
- Experience across various brands, client verticals and budget levels
- Skilled negotiator with a track record of open and fair negotiation
- You don’t mind being in the weeds and getting your hands dirty
- Ability to write concise, reasoned, and inspired media presentations, and present to clients with confidence.
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- You’re a multitasking master - servicing multiple client and planning requests across accounts
- You’re interested in doing creatively led media planning - and are comfortable putting custom, cherry-picked recommendations together
- You have strong communication skills and know how to maintain and foster relationships with people internally at the agency and externally in the marketplace
- You’re incredibly detail-oriented
- You’re amazing at managing expectations and are comfortable pushing back when things just aren’t doable.
- Proficient in Geopath Insights
- Some travel and after hours work required.