Local Activation Planner
OOH | New York, NY | Full Time
The Local Activation Planner leads the agency’s out of home process on a day-to-day basis. Helps planning team to handle out of home activity on specific accounts and manages execution to support effective, innovative, and strategic solutions. Trains and supports media teams (including various Media Planners and Assistant Media Planners) to ensure plans are executed correctly, timelines met and work product exceptional. Helps Media Directors and Group Directors with strategy, outside the box thinking and client relationships. In charge of vendor management and trafficking of creative assets when necessary. Reports directly to the Local Activation Director. The ideal candidate has worked in small, nimble environments in both out of home planning and buying, with exposure to a variety of brands and categories.
Manage day to day OOH planning and buying duties from start to finish (including contracting, buy execution and post campaign analysis)
Work closely with planning teams to ensure all OOH details are provided to clients accurately
Work closely with Comms team to ensure any local activation / OOH ideas are feasible and realistic from a timing, budget, and executional standpoint.
Negotiate with vendors to ensure all buys deliver on planning and clients goals
Present recommendations to clients
Lead, manage and train assistant
Provide POVs and evaluations within the OOH landscape
Stay on top of industry trends, bringing new and innovative thinking to clients
- At least 2-3 years experience as an outdoor specialist. Experience managing other team members.
Strong understanding of the OOH industry and key vendors
- Experience across various brands, client verticals and budget levels
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors and clients.
- Ability to write concise, reasoned, and inspired media presentations, and present to clients with confidence.
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
You don’t mind being in the weeds and getting your hands dirty.
- You’re a multitasking master - servicing multiple client and planning requests across accounts.
You’re interested in doing creatively led media planning - and are comfortable putting custom, cherry-picked recommendations together
- You know how to maintain keeping good relationships with people internally and externally in the marketplace and have strong attention to detail.
- You’re amazing at managing expectations and are comfortable pushing back when things just aren’t doable.
- Proficient in Telmar, SQAD a plus
- Skilled negotiator with a track record of open and fair negotiations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some travel and after hours and work required.