Group Media Director
Media | New York, NY | Full Time
The Group Media Director leads the media team’s activities on specific client account(s), ensuring delivery of effective, innovative, and strategic solutions that maximize the client’s budget. Drives overall client communication objectives and strategic direction. Partners with client(s) to develop and oversee execution of goals, directives, strategies and media budgets. Supports and inspires the work and the media team. Reports directly to the COO.
Team Development & Account Oversight
• Provides leadership, coaching and professional development to media team; interviews and hires, mentors and trains, allocates work, audits work, conduct performance reviews and recommends pay increases.
• Sets a high bar for creativity, strategic rigor, and account management that inspires the team. Produces work that delivers on client goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results.
• Clearly identifies and communicates key media deliverables in terms of accountability and performance, builds corresponding internal and external timelines.
• Communicates effectively with agency partners, keeping him/her abreast of account status, and flagging and elevating client concerns.
• Oversees internal/external team communications (with internal team, buyers, outside agencies).
Client Management & Strategic Insight
• Develops and maintains effective client relationships. Establishes a true partnership in client’s business by gaining and maintaining a deep understanding of business needs and issues faced. Maintains a vocal, visible role in all major internal and client meetings.
• Formulates and recommends long-term strategy plans that generate measurable results, with a focus on new and emerging media opportunities to help drive the clients’ and agency’s business. Ascertains client’s needs and key media challenges and recommends effective solutions.
• Oversees development of media recommendations and POV’s.
• Constantly seeks and creates creative opportunities in both media choice and usage to increase visibility/impact; seeks ways to merchandise media team’s work to client.
• Provides media staff with higher-level client perspectives, insights, goals and strategies.
• Maintains thorough, up-to-date knowledge of client’s business (market share, business priorities, key competitor strategies, etc.), monitoring progress and accuracy of all communication plans, assignments and projects.
• Correlates and analyzes multiple data points from agency sources including syndicated research, proprietary agency research, as well as client data, shares, brand health tracking etc. and draws conclusions from data.
Media Expertise & Agency Contribution
• Uses expertise, confidence, and people skills to chart a path to achieving client objectives, agency business needs, and the creative ambition of our brand. Sells this vision through to internal and external stakeholders.
• Actively participates in new business pitches, as determined by CEO.
• Cultivates excellent relations within the media sales community, ensuring Noble People is always represented in a positive light.
• Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of media systems/processes, providing recommendations for streamlining processes as requested.
• Stays abreast of key developments/trends/issues in media (e.g., population, demographic, lifestyle, media usage changes).
• At least 10 years experience as an established media leader with a demonstrated track record of translating a vision for the team into strategic insights and effective media solutions that deliver on client goals.
• At least 5 years experience leading and managing a team and accounts, cultivating individual development and career growth across different levels of employee.
• Exceptional written, verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees, vendors and clients. Ability to write concise, reasoned, and inspired media presentations, and present to clients effectively and confidently.
• A proven track record of consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills, and championing innovative, bold and game-changing ideas.
• Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationship with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
• Demonstrated strong command of Media Research resources, capabilities and limitations.
• Demonstrated self-confidence (and track record) in championing innovative, bold and game-changing ideas.
• Strong math and analytical skills, with a firm understanding of strategy development and required media math.
• Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights and how to put insights into action.
• Skilled negotiator with a track record of open and fair negotiations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Some travel and after hours and work required.